Quantcast

Your Favorite Tales Games?

Discussion in 'Tales of...' started by Vegany, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Vegany

Vegany Member

My brother would be the one to have played a lot of "Tales of....." games.

I personally have played the Tales of Symphonia series....and that's about it I think. I loved them by the way, especially the second one. I know my brother has played Tales of Vespera(sp?), Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Legendia, etc.

What tales games do you like?

2. jardantuan

jardantuan Active Member

Tales of Symphonia, without a doubt. I've played through it well over ten times, and I always have a blast. I'd probably say it's a serious contender for my all-time favourite game. Incidentally, I also really liked the sequel, despite the general dislike of it in the community.

I don't yet have a PS3, but with the HD remake of both 1 and 2 coming out eventually, I'll have to take the plunge and buy one. Plus, I'd be able to play Tales of Xillia, and the other PS3 Tales game (Graces? Can't remember).

There are a few Tales games I've never played, particularly the earlier ones, but I have played Abyss and Vesperia, both of which are fantastic games as well. Come to think of it, I don't think a Tales game has ever disappointed me.

3. Linkzelda41

Linkzelda41 Member

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is definitely one of my favorite Tales game. Although that’s a personal debate between the first, but I liked the second for several of reasons.

Despite of Emil being portrayed as someone with no potential to save the world in the beginning, seeing him evolve into someone more mature and empathetic of the previous characters in the first game’s position made me respect him. I absolutely loved the skits in the series, and one that I recall is Tenebrae’s declaration on how we tend to view ourselves highly compared to others.

From 1:35 to 1:51:

Definitely a brief but memorable quote from him, and there’s so many things I could discuss it’s not even funny! Wish I could try the other Tales games, too bad the selection with Nintendo consoles was so limited. From the brief cameos of Kratos and other characters, there's just so much to wonder on what happens after one finishes the game.

4. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

As mentioned by the others, Tales of Symphonia is the best game in the Tales series. But Tales of Destiny is more memorable for me as it is the only game I played with my cousin in co-op mode during battle sequences. When my cousin left for another country, I played the other Tales game and finished them alone.

5. BlackCaXIII

BlackCaXIII Member

Symphonia is definitely a good game, I hold a sweet spot for the original Phantasia on the SNES, just because it has some of my favorite moments of the series.
    I really enjoyed Tales of Xillia, but I was a bit let down when they had the potential to have a really strong story with a great cast, but it ended up being a bit anime cliche.

Abyss was also a solid game, if I had to pick a favorite, I would probably go with Abyss though, it's the one I played the most.

6. Lodismel

Lodismel Well-Known Member

I really love the Tales series so it's pretty hard to choose. If I had to say what my favorite is right now I'd have to say Tales of Vesperia. The art style is just fantastic, the characters are great, and the story is pretty engaging. Tales of Destiny 2 comes in at a close second.

7. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

My favourite is not from the main series. My favourite is Tales of the world series, especially Tales of the world narikiri dungeon 3. There's just something about crossover between different series that make me love them. Seeing the interactions between the different protagonists is fun!

8. meta_mach

meta_mach Active Member

I haven't tried Tales of Symphonia yet but so far my favorite is Vesperia. I am a musician so it having to do with Chopin appeals to me more than anything else. The art is amazing I just wish there was more exploration. I like the fact that entire Chopin pieces are played with an explanation that connects each of the chapters in the story arc. It is very unique and not something I have seen before.

9. Nickmandelson

Nickmandelson Member

Tales of Symphonia is my favorite, and I'm certainly looking forward to the HD version. The recently released Tales of Xillia was pretty solid as well.