Your Favorite Profession So Far?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by Rymir, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Rymir

Rymir Member

The professions in Guild Wars 2 are really shaping up to be pretty cool. I keep thinking about which profession I want to try out first.

I thought about leaning towards the Engineer but I don't know... I'm thinking my first character's profession is likely to be a thief or warrior. Rogue-like characters in MMOs often turn out to be hard to use at first but after a little building up, they really kick some serious arse. At the same time the warrior seems pretty cool and less generic than the traditional RPG warrior class.

Honestly my least favorite class is probably the Elementalist, just because I've never been that big into magical classes. Honestly, the elementalist looks cool, I personally know that if will be one of the last classes I will give a try.

What does everyone else think? Is there any particular class you are leaning towards?

1 person likes this.
  2. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

What?! Elementalist is my second favorite next to the Warrior. I have always loved the Elementalist profession in any game, controlling the elements ( fire, water, earth, air ) Is incredibly fun.

3. Rymir

Rymir Member

I didn't say that the Elementalist (or Element List as you and I know its really called... lol) isn't good... just not a good match for me... not a big magic user type in general. I've always been pretty boring when it comes to game classes: warriors, barbarians, that kind of stuff... :)

4. Akibzihan

Akibzihan Member

The qualities of Elementalist are wonderful. Is there anything needed? where you have the control over air ,water ,fire and earth. I think in this situation body needs no roughness because it is earth which will work as protection and its fire ,air and water which will be used to attack the enemy.On the other hand I am a technology fan, so I just love those professions what deals with technology in that case engineering profession is just perfect . I know my choices are weird but I believe i have logic why i have chosen such professions.these professions will take this game away.

5. cmomin

cmomin New Member

What do you mean the control over air ,water ,fire and earth ?

6. Unknown

I don't think his English is so good lol, what he means is that the elementalist gets to control the power of fire - air - water and earth.

7. Pioneer

Pioneer Member

hi every one in this forum. The question is much interesting.... My answer is: Well I think guardian is the best profession. Because the guardian is a devoted fighter who calls upon powerful virtues to smite enemies and protect allies. As dangerous with a staff as he is with a mighty two-handed hammer, a true guardian is a master tactician who knows when to sacrifice his own defenses to empower his allies to achieve victory.
    According to these features the guardian is my favorite profession in the Guild Wars 2. I know my choice are weird but I believe i have logic why i have chosen such profession.

8. Brem

Brem Active Member

The Warrior seems like the most fun out of the bunch to be honest. I do like being rogue type characters now that you mention it. I like the idea of being a thief, not sure why, but I kind of want to do that now. I too haven't been a huge fan of magical classes, maybe it's because I'd rather hack and slash or fight people rather than use spells. That's just me though.

9. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

1. Necromancer
    2. Thief
    3. Guardian

In that order :)

10. Serendipity

Serendipity Member

I think the Guardian and Thief sound the most interesting so far.

11. CheeKz

CheeKz New Member

I think guardian is going to be very fun to play, being able to fight enemies while protecting your allies. Ive watched a bunch of guardian clips on youtube and its by far, in my opinion, the best class to play for both hardcore players and those who just plays for fun whether it be pve or pvp.

12. Level 1

Level 1 Member

Human Thief to start with, then Sylvari ele. Norn Ranger/Warrior. after that i dont know.

13. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

guardian all the way, closest to a paladin LOL

14. Majestic

Majestic Boo

necromancer, i played the necro in GW1 & i love minions.

15. AncientWings

AncientWings New Member

Mesmer has been my pride and joy since Guild Wars came out. I will be playing Mesmer as my main. Second favorite class has to be warrior now. I'm excited to place down banner and help be a defensive warrior out on the field.

16. FatCheeseMan

FatCheeseMan Active Member

Elementalist is my number one, followed by Ranger. I like the Elementalist for one simple reason, fire. Ranger I like for the pet dynamic, I like the idea of the pet being able to revive you.

17. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

Oh where did you read that? that's awesome. I like the Elementalist for one simple reason, air. :) I do wish they would of made a class that could summon elements as pets.

18. FatCheeseMan

FatCheeseMan Active Member

In a video Totalbiscuit did for guild wars, he was playing a ranger and demonstrated said ability.
    (http://youtu.be/xvHV7HB2BDc shortly after the 12:20 mark)

19. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

:O that's cool. The pets UI seems really clunky though

20. Unknown

In the recent Q/A that was held over at Reddit, somebody asked a question about this and they told us its something they're currently working on. :)