Your Favorite Characters From Last Light

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by DarkOne, May 16, 2013.

1. EbonHawk269

EbonHawk269 Member

I liked the announcer for the theatre play. He was in-credible, incredible. I loved his snarky remarks about the participants, and some of his jabs at them. Hilarious. And his voice actor was really good.

I'd have to say Khan was my favorite, even with his makeover for LL. He was still good. Just wish there had been more of him.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Kolya Bacharniy, at 02:10 in this video:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=qetvMdYkutU[/YOUTUBE]
    I absolutely loved his Concertina music :D

3. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

My favourite character is the Baby Dark One.

4. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who think that guy is a reference to STALKER? ... he looks exactly like some of the stalkers from that game :p

5. Their leader speaks perfect Ukranian and tells you to say hello to Miller when you see him, their ammo trader is a Georgian, just like Freedom's base weapon vendor in Clear Sky.

They are using unique models for the most part as well. Can't be a coincidence.

#46 Komodo Saurian, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
  6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Damn it, I knew there was a reason why I was getting a Stalker vibe when I met those guys - I just couldn't quite say what it was. :lol:
    It's not a concertina, it's an accordion. :p I loved it too. Tbh, I just love accordion music because it reminds me of home and childhood. Back in Poland, you'll still find people playing this on city streets from time to time. It creates an atmosphere that I could never find here in England. I'm sure it's not something exclusive to Eastern Europe as people play accordion music all over the world, but still - it just reminds of Poland every time. Kolya at Teatralnaya was a pleasant surprise for me in Last Light. :)

#47 Bamul, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  7. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

But he is Red, Red until the day he dies :p

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

:laugh: Hahhahahaha, good one! Had me laughing out loud! :lol:

9. I think he is more pink than red.

[​IMG]

- "Comrade, you smell beautiful..."
    - "Sir, I don't think this is apropriate, people could be watching."
    - "Let them watch.."

10. Storchburp

Storchburp Well-Known Member

I think Keegan's hit the nail on the head. We see in the game how harshly Red Line soldiers are punished if they fail. If you listen to the Red Line refugees in the Regina chapter, one of the women talks about being condemned to a gulag with her child because her husband was captured by the Reich. They are expected to die in battle or win, and capture is seen as surrender to the enemy.

I think Pavel really felt compassion for Artyom and was goading Artyom to kill him, because both the alternatives were worse - either killing a friend or condemning himself and his family to a fate worse than death. He was sad about the situation he was trapped in.

I would love Artyom showing mercy to him to be canon, allowing him to possibly fight his way to freedom in the coming character DLC. Since he would be the sole survivor of the red line ambush, he might just get away and be written off as KIA.

11. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

Biggest disappointment in this game was characters from 2033 being so different in LL and not being as memorable. Khan I think has a different voice actor and sounds plain not mystical, Miller's look and voice changed. Artyom's voice changed although I did warm up to it the more I played. Anna I think was just used so that the ending could be better (the bad ending) but it just didn't gel for me her relationship with Artyom.

Pavel was my favorite character in LL.

#52 DarkOne, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  12. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Pavel was really well acted, along with the child, but most of the other characters just felt.......bland. Miller really felt understandable in the first game, in LL it felt like he was purposely made out to be some kind of righteous asshole only so that you wouldn't want to
    kill the dark one.[/url]

Khan felt......bland. Anna's voice feels totally disconnected from her environment. Ulman was cheeky enough to be likeable in 2033, but felt bland in 2033. Most of the old characters....I dunno, I actually kinda liked their old voices better.

13. Storchburp

Storchburp Well-Known Member

I'm going to add that I've also grown to love Andrew the blacksmith now. He's done a massive amount to help Artyom but we haven't seen much into his personality as someone who has worked very hard in secret to help Red Line refugees while remaining a pretty happy and optimistic person. I wish I could give him a hug and a squeeze.

14. iR3vOlv3Rz

iR3vOlv3Rz Well-Known Member

i'd say Pavel but despite having a good personality he's dubbed very shitty (at least in my language) also *SPOILER-SPOILER-SPOILER*i don't like traitors.... so, i go for Khan i guess, even if at the beginng of the story he act pretty much like a retard for telling to Miller about the Dark One, they still have managed to gave him that misterious personality that i loved about it.

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Tbh, I think it makes sense for Khan to act like a much less wise person than he used to. In M2033, he never actually came into contact with the Dark Ones, did he? In Last Light, he realizes what has happened and seeks to save the last Dark One with a childish enthusiasm. An overly spiritual guy like him would have probably reacted like that when finding the last Dark One. ;)

16. iR3vOlv3Rz

iR3vOlv3Rz Well-Known Member

"Hey Miller do you remember me? i'm the last reincarnation of Genghis Khan and i'm here to tell that one of the mutants that almost destroyed an entire station and the mind of tons of people is still alive and we have to save him because it turns out to be good... trust me, my friend Artyom is a psychic and can communicate with them!"

Miller:" :twitch: .... :laugh: "

Artyom:" :tsk: "

17. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Now that's rude! :rant: :D

18. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

To be honest, the baby dark one really didn't do it for me. I am aware that it used the voice of a child to convey it's communication to Artyom and other humans - but that voice seemed a little too childish for me. I don't know, I just feel that I would have enjoyed the entire surface segment much more if the dark one wasn't with me the entire way.

On the contrary, I thought Pavel was a great well-rounded character. Up until his bitter end, I enjoyed all contact he and Artyom had. And besides that, I thought Anna was a pretty neat addition to the game. She added a sense of desperation, making the player wonder if her coming onto Artyom was out of love/lust or rather desperation and necessity. Methinks it was the latter.

19. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The english voice for Baby Dark One is awful. This is the part where i switch from english to russian.