Xbox one: Achievements broken when playing on more than one profile

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by Rhodium, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Rhodium

Rhodium Member

Hi There!

Both me and the other half are playing through last light redux on the same Xbone console.

I started and finished my first play through while she was still finishing off 2033 and so unlocked many of the achievements (and collected all but 4 of the diaries) before she began her first play through.

Problem is that when she started to play the progress bars for many of the achievements were all showing progress where they shouldn't have. eg. Over 60% for unlocking safes when she hadn't unlocked any. That's fine because they continued to progress normally and the achievements have been easier for her to earn.

However, when she went to the diary menu in the game it was showing her as having collected them in the first seven levels or so even though she hadn't (they were missing in game) but the progress bar on achievements showed zero percent. Further into the game they suddenly started to appear for her but the progress bar remained out of synch with the number indicated by the diary menu page.

Now she has finished the game, the diary list in game shows them all as being collected, but the progress bar is stuck at 70%.

In my own game the progress bar was showing around 90% with 4 still to collect when she began to play. I picked up the remaining 4 a few days later, expecting the achievement to pop with the last one, but it didn't so I recheck the progress bar which now shows 11% !! Fortunately I was able to solve this by repeatedly quitting and reloading the game - each reload added 3-4% to the bar until it hit 100% and my achievement popped.

Tried the same trick with her game but no joy - still stuck at 70%.

The difference is that I physically picked up each diary in the game but she couldn't because the early ones were completely missing.

Any advice would be appreciated - would a wipe/reinstall/new game restore the diaries so they can be picked up afresh ?

Thank you!

2. Rhodium

Rhodium Member

Hi Again,

Last night I thought I would give the quit/reload checkpoint trick mentioned above another go on my wifes profile after properly quitting the game and restarting the xbone (as opposed to simply switching the profile over in-game) and it worked !

Phew !

So all is well again :)