RolePlayer

Regular
Has anyone on this forum ever made it into the top 100 World of Warcraft pvp rankings? It seems like something that is insurmountable at this point. If you were to reach such a level you probably have to have been playing forever and a day.

Nytegeek

No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
Regular
PvP has been essentially broken in WoW for some time now and all the bots make it not even worth it for casual gamers. You can join a BG and literally be the only live player on your team. It is ridiculous.

Azrile

Regular
Yeah, the problem is most of the charts include battleground participation which is just too easy to bot. Arena is a better ranking system, but it still is more about comps per season than skill, at least at that level. You basically have to be a master a multiple classes and get lucky.

Fozz

Regular
No, Pvp, especially in arena, is unbalanced. It's all about playing the flavor of the month comps.

Cereus

Regular
I never honestly bothered with PvP rankings. My ex on the other hand used to do arenas all the time and used to try and rank in them. I don't remember all the details since it's been a long time haha, but he was super hardcore in vanilla.

Astdua

Regular
I used to be pretty hardcore about it around TBC-WotLK, and achieved several top 10s in 2v2 and 3v3, but the PvP was never balanced, in my opinion. It was always flavor meta comps and broken classes. We would abuse them with my mates, spend a few weeks tryharding and magic happened. :)

Nytegeek

No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
Regular
Yeah, the problem is most of the charts include battleground participation which is just too easy to bot. Arena is a better ranking system, but it still is more about comps per season than skill, at least at that level. You basically have to be a master a multiple classes and get lucky.

If you think arena isn't as easy to bot or that there are any fewer bots in arenas then you would be wrong. There are plenty of bots with combat routines specifically tailored for arena use.