Would you want a remake?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by moeller321, Dec 18, 2015.

?

Remake? Or new game?

1. Remake!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. New game!

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. moeller321

moeller321 New Member

Personally I really love the story and playstyle of SWOR, however the graphics and engine are very old and obsolete. If the game were to be remade, it would feel a lot more pleasant. Would you want to see a remake? Or would you rather see an entirely new SW mmo?

2. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tried SWOR while back and couldn't get into it. I'd definetely give a remake a shot though.

3. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

A remake from the ground up would be great. The WoW style of gameplay is outdated at this point as newer MMOs are pushing toward action orientated gameplay. A new MMO based on current canon verse wouldn't work well with the diversity The Old Republic offers.

4. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Calling it WoW style is ridiculous since WoW borrowed their style from existing games at the time.

5. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, but it's like calling MOBA games LoL-style. It's not the first to do it, but the first to really popularize it.
    On topic though, I don't really see the point of remaking it. The game is not that old and the graphics still look good. If you want to play for the story, no reason to buy a new version for that. If you want to play with good RPG mechanics in the Star Wars universe, why don't we make a new game instead ?

6. Nytegeek

Regular

This game isn't really old enough that a remake would be beneficial. It doesn't need replacement with a new game either. The poll options aren't very useful as I wouldn't vote either way.

7. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ideally it would be nice that the game would have a more action orientated gameplay. It's one of those unfortunate circumstances that they launched the game at a bad time. Graphics and story are good don't get me wrong- they can last quite some time but it's the foundation of how the game plays that's a bit dated. I love the Old Republic universe way more than canon, but Bioware/EA dropped the ball by trying to cater too much to the WoW player base.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would give the remake a shot for sure, the gameplay and story were pretty decent but the graphics are definitely a letdown for today's standards. Maybe someone would do an HD remake.

9. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmm. I like what SWTOR is right now, it'd be a great game if they weren't obsessed with locking everything behind microtransactions or forcing a subscription to get things as basic as bag space. Overall the game could use a graphics upgrade, but the combat is where its lacking, it doesn't feel like ther eis anything to it now. you spam buttons, but it doesn't feel fun.

10. Nytegeek

Regular

Catering to the WoW player base was one of the only way they were bringing any subscriptions in. As for the graphics, they are okay but for the hardware demands they aren't that great. The graphics engine could use a better performing remake if anything.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would be content with either. As long as there are some improvement I think that it is a win for the consumer. The one thing I really hope is that nothing that is put out there is really expensive, because then I will have little to no interest in it.

12. Nytegeek

Regular

So what you are saying is you don't want to pay for quality content?

13. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not sure if you mean the BioWare RPGs or the EA MMO. The EA MMO is okay how it is. I'd love either a remake or a new game as a BioWare RPG. BioWare seems to have really shifted to Mass Effect and Dragon Age, which is cool and all, but KOTOR was one of the first RPGs that I ever played on PC, and it is very near and dear to my heart as a Star Wars fan. SWTOR is a pretty good MMO, but I would really really enjoy a TRUE remake/sequel.

Nytegeek, since EA now owns BioWare, rz3300 may be referring to DLC? I know that I was personally very disappointed by how much ME3 content was locked behind pay walls. I have no problem paying for additional content, but I think there's a very distinct line between "pay for extra stuff" and "pay to get the actual experience"

14. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always treat F2P as an extended demo, I don't expect very much for free, and I'll put down the $15 to unlock everything. I hate having any kind of restrictions so the monthly sub is worth it, I usually get 3 months as it gives a bit of a discount and it's a good gage to see if I truly enjoy the game.

Honestly, SWTOR is not that dated... I don't think we should be talking remake so soon. :confused:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped up the graphics at some point, depending on how popular it still is. I remember City of Heroes getting a graphics update at some point.

15. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member
    Regular

I like the game itself but I definitely feel like the graphics need to be worked on, as they are low quality and old fashioned. So I'd definitely like to see a remake of the game.

16. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes! As long as the game did not change one bit except for the graphics I would love to have an Old Republic remaster so that my PC could run it beautifully. I still think that The Old Republic is tied with Mass Effect 2 as the best Bioware RPG.

17. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe after a decade or two, then we could reminisce about the good old days, but as of right now, I would really love a sequel continuing the story, adding more depth to the characters, and improving the gameplay in general. It has its moments, but it is definitely far from perfect. Maybe a remake would come eventually, but right now I don't want to play this again with enhanced graphics. I want to know what happens next.

18. Nytegeek

Regular

A decade or two? maybe 10 years if the game even lasts that long, but 20 isn't very realistic.

19. LabiVila

LabiVila New Member

I played SWTOR around 2-3 years. I really enjoyed every bit of it but it really started getting boring. Like, the same thing, a new story line twice a year isn't enough. You can PVP but it's not as entertaining as for example Star Wars: the force unleashed.

I'd definitely want a remake or more preferably a total new game.