Quantcast

Worth Buying a PS3?

Discussion in 'Tales of...' started by Mika, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Mika

Mika Member Regular

Are the Tales of games worth buying a PS3 to play? I see them at GameStop all the time and they look fun from the cover art, but I'm not sure if I want to go buy a new game system to play them. Sure, I could play other games too but these are the main draw for me to get one.

What do you think? Is it worth buying a PS3 for? Or perhaps another game system?

2. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

Yes. I think it is definetely worth it to buy a PS3 because we can experience the best with it. It gives a sense of satisfaction and happiness to the player when playing arcade games. So PS3 is must:)

3. llfsa

llfsa Active Member

Yes! For me, the perfect time to buy a console is just after the newer ones have been released. You get to play a shit ton of quality tittles for half the price!

4. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

If you have the money for it, I'd say go for it. Unfortunately, now that the PS4 is out and getting continuously more established in sales & gameplay value, the PS3 likely soon to be obsolete for future game releases. If you want it only for games that were out in the past then you're good, but keep in mind there's gonna be less and less new PS3 games in the future. And even more unfortunately, for some dumb reason Sony didn't make the PS4 capable of playing PS3 games. :(

5. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

Now? Well, depends. If you want to play the old games then sure! However all the new releases will now go to the PS4 and the Xbox One. It all depends, however I have my PS3 and I am still enjoying it!

6. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

A PS4 can be had for some decent prices now if you buy it used or refurbished. I guess it depends on what games you are after. The Ps2 had issues reading discs after a while and the video had issues with going out in the Ps3 so just be careful of the condition if you go for something older.

7. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

PS3 has decent titles on it and its price point isn't that bad second hand these days. Sure support and games for it will be obsolete in a few years, but that's not for a while honestly. Plus it's not a bad media center either.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

The PS3 is quite outdated but if you want to purchase it solely for the purpose of playing "Tales of..." I suggest you keep your money and look out for something else, it's not worth it anymore. :p

9. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

I would say so. There's always other PS3 games that you would enjoy if you don't like the game. Plus, the PS3's are pretty cheap at this point.

10. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

The Tales of games on the PS3 are quite fun, but I'm not sure I would buy the console for them.

11. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

You can get a working PS3 on craigslist for stupid cheap if you look. I've seen people sell both console w/accessories and a bunch of games for as low as $50. There's plenty of ticked off parents selling off their kids' stuff haha. I snagged an entire DS haul (2 DS Lites that were special editions and a library of 40 awesome games- none of the crap games either. We're talking about the good DS games like Pokemon, Zelda, Final Fantasy, ect.) in near mint condition for $25 from a spiteful parent a few years ago. Glyde.com has lots of used games for sale for decent prices as well.