World Versus World

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: PvP Discussion' started by Unknown, Nov 17, 2011.

1. DonQuitto

DonQuitto Well-Known Member

i bet the skills level up just like they normally would :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Ongoing concern about the WvWvW....

Video here shows a good sized battle force. Some lag. Not terrible but its there.
    Trying to keep an open mind. Still hard to tell... few factors to consider.

+could be alpha server
    +could be dudes fraps
    -i can imagine more people on the screen than that so this could be tip of the iceberg.

[video=youtube;YzT84JBHwJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YzT84JBHwJQ[/video]

1 person likes this.
  3. Barksdale

Barksdale Member

Im willing to bet thats due to fraps

1 person likes this.
  4. Orien

Orien Member

With as much as they are touting WvWvW as one of the things that makes GW2 so different than what has been accepted as the norm these days I would really hope they iron out all the kinks. In SWTOR all that lag you see is server side. Its due to the poor implementation of the PvP battleground of Ilum to begin with. They did not partition the world properly and because of that it gets overloaded severely.

In GW2 they seem to be approaching the pvp elements as seperate entirely from the rest of the free roaming world. I hope they took this same perspective and developed it as its own seperate entity making sure everything runs smoothly on its own before ever implementing it into the actual test servers.

5. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

ArenaNet has had a lot more experience than bioware in terms of MMO let alone PvP/server issues, by the time launch comes it's likely the game will be quite smooth, at least I hope so.

6. Deezy

Deezy Best in the World

I'm interested to see how they implement bringing the server together as one. From my past experiences in MMOs such as WoW + SWTOR. there's been epeen on the same faction between same classes as who's "best on the server". with their being no factions and that mentality set by other games I'm interested to see what's going to happen to the server communities.

1 person likes this.
  7. Orien

Orien Member

Server communities will be fine. Every game has asshats. What usually happens to them is the alienate themselves to the point of making it difficult to progress in game and change their attitude or they go away. Sometimes they're lucky enough to find a group to put up with them but eventually they wear out their welcome.

8. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

That maybe a problem in this game, where you dont need to be invited to join the party -_-'

So far, the only party exclusive things are dungeons, so asshats abound Im sure, lol.

9. WombatVengeance

Looks pretty good.