World of Tanks vs War Thunder

Discussion in 'World of Tanks and Planes' started by Sarleons, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Sarleons

Sarleons Member

Recently there was a big debate about which one to choose tom play World of Tanks vs War Thunder. Therefore could you please explain the strengths and weakness of each game and what factors the new players should take into consideration before choosing one of them?

2. Potatoman

Potatoman Member
    Regular

Honestly, it's all about what you prefer. However, War Thunder now has tanks as well.

For me, I go for War Thunder just because I love planes and really like the idea of having battles in the sky and shooting rockets/dropping bombs in the air. It's also a little more fast paced. The tanks in World of Tanks can go fast but most of the time you're trying to hide or get a good defensive position which makes it feel slow as you're waiting for the enemy to move out and make a bad move. However, War Thunder is open and you have to be constantly moving around.

3. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

I personally enjoy War Thunder, just because I dislike tank games. I really enjoy the flying aspect of War Thunder, which is something that World of Tanks obviously does not have. I've also found that War Thunder is a little more populated than World of Tanks, but that may just be personal observation.

4. Tanis

Tanis Active Member
    Regular

As far as ground combat is concerned, I think World of Tanks gets my vote. WarThunder Ground Forces has the most buggy physics system. Tanks don't drive like tanks and the game can be extremely difficult with that in mind. My second beef with WarThunder is the random nature of damage. While it's arguably more realistic than World of Tanks, I don't find it enjoyable being one-shot from across the map.

Now, if World of Warplanes got involved against WarThunder in terms of who has better air gameplay, I'd say WarThunder wins in a heartbeat.

5. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

WoT is far superior in terms of ground combat. There are a lot of issues with the ground combat systems in War Thunder that just make it frustrating to play. WarThunder is absolutely the best in terms of air combat though, although it only really has to compete with World of Warplanes.