Woo-eee this is impressive

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 News' started by Hyperion, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

2. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is going to sound lame, but...I really hope they get some good hair. In pretty much every Bethesda game I've ever played, the first mod that I download is a hair mod. Character creation has never been their strong suit.

108 people like this.
  3. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Okay, I can give you that one. The hair in Elder Scrolls and Fallout games has always been straw-like and lackluster.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Then again, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure we'll get something better this time around.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

They have to keep up with the new Unreal 4 engine so those assets aren't surprising for me. For a game of this caliber it was to be expected.

6. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

As long as it doesn't look like the hair in Dragon Age 3 I'll be happy. That was some of the worst current-gen hair I've ever seen. Though I suppose I was playing the PS3 version...

At any rate. That's ridiculous, but at the same time I can see it being true. For all its nuances, a lot of Skyrim looked very much the same, ie Medieval. Fallout can draw on a fair few more cultures... or, like, the remains of the cultures, I guess... for inspiration, thus requiring a fair few more assets in general.

7. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't thought about it much, but good looking hair does actually impact games more than I thought. The hair in the past games did look very underwhelming though.

8. Jessica Pipgrl

Jessica Pipgrl Active Member

I couldn't agree more. The hairstyles in Fallout 3 and New Vegas made me feel like I should be called helmet head. I would be ok with losing all of the variety of hairstyles in order to get a few good realistic options.

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

Lol, yeah the hair always bothered me in New Vegas and Fallout. From the trailers, the hair looks decent enough though.

Also, I am excited for how huge the world of this game is going to be!

10. Chuck_Garnsey

Chuck_Garnsey Member

I was more bothered by the litter in people's houses. If the houses look that way the hair has not ever been washed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11. LIGHTSOUT

LIGHTSOUT Well-Known Member

It really depends on the quality of the assets - Although if the assets aren't too noticeably bad (would still be disappointing, considering it's a big name game) and the game is good, then it won't be that bad.

If the assets are also improved upon, it'd be interesting to see what kind of standard it would set for modders to improve upon.

12. sunnysideways

sunnysideways Member

I kinda hope that the graphics aren't *phenominal in every way.* One thing I've always loved about Bethesda's games is that I can run them on my potato laptop - even Skyrim. I just hope Fallout 4 has the same graphics fidelity so I can actually run it :(

13. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I`m really curious about this. I was impressed with Skyrim`s assets, so, double that, and it sounds really incredible. I hope they can deliver and create the best Bethesda game yet. Also, I totally agree about creating better "hair" options. That never was their strong suite, as others here have stated.