Quantcast

Will you play it solo, or with friends?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Ishmael, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

We know that both ways are totally viable in this game, so... how will you guys play it when it launches next year? :D

I have some friends that like me can't wait to play it so I guess that most of my time with the game will be spent playing with them. Hopefully my experience will be like those gameplay demonstrations Ubisoft showed. :p What about you guys?

2. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

I'm not sure yet, unfortunately. A lot of my friends don't really play video games(seems insane, right? xD ) but I do have SOME that do, I'm just not sure of their interest in the game. Personally, I would rather not play it alone, due to that I'm an easy person to bore with MMO's, and if I haven't made friends on an MMO by a certain amount of time, and none of my friends play it, I'm likely to stop playing sooner rather than later.
    That being said, I may actually be able to convince my gamer friends to play, I just know a lot of them are super busy right now, with college and work and other MMO's that it might be a difficult task.... we'll see... :]

3. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I'm guessing I'll probably solo at first until I meet up with other players and join a guild. Although the devs mentioned that you can solo, it seems like the best gear and stuff will be in the Dark Zone, which seems geared towards teaming up. We will have to wait and see, but none of my friends are really into this game so I'll be going in as a lone wolf at first.

4. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Game's still far from being released and there's enough time for another delay so I'm still not thinking about this or talking to my friends about it. Some people have declared they want to play, but we'll have to figure out how we're going to connect since they're PS4 gamers, and I'm more of a PC guy.

5. Cyborg Superman

I doubt that the game will be cross-platform too, so I don't blame you. That being said, the alpha is out! So it's happening... Hopefully for March of next year. You still have time to get excited about it after the holidays, lol.

6. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Haha, yeah, but it's closed alpha, right? And only for Xbox One if I remember correctly?

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah I don't think it's crossplatform. Ubisoft never did it before as far as I remember and Microsoft doesn't want to share servers with Sony, so...
    Yes, that's correct. :)

8. Cyborg Superman

I'm looking forward to the day where cross-platform is the norm. There's talk that DC Universe Online (MMORPG for PC, PS3 and PS4) is going cross-platform soon, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come. That being said, I don't know if we will ever see the day where someone on a PlayStation will play against someone on an Xbox.