Quantcast

Will you ever get bored of RPG?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by William Quah, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

As long as it keeps me engaged, I'll play rpg games. If I get tired of playing it myself, I can watch someone on YouTube play it. I might even invite someone over and we can play together.

2. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

I really can never get bored of them. They are vary in different aspects and great yet another rewarding experience as you go through the game. I mean, each world is different and has unique characteristics. Who would get tired of that?

3. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

As long as RPGs continue to innovate, they won't get boring. The same goes for any game genre; as tastes of the consumer evolve, to too does their desire for new and interesting games and mechanics. Sure, old classics still ride high on a combination of nostalgia and timeless gameplay, but the majority of games disappear from general consciousness a few years after their initial release.

4. lunaticred

lunaticred Member

Honestly speaking, the plot of the rpg interests me little to none. I play on a very large screen so it is difficult for me to read such small script, so when picking up quests, I often just look at the key words and where to go. I feel like the rpg's that looked entertaining to me turned out pretty boring, and so therefore I am still on the search for any good game that can hold me down.

5. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

Probably not. It really depends on the gamer though. Just like any other genre. However, RPGs tend to be more immersive.