Will Last Light be more successful than Metro 2033?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Luster, Jun 17, 2011.

1. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Thats exactly what I meant xD
    They probably thought that when you shoot the Mutants, it will come out rainbows and flowers too! xP

But hell, I really think that Metro 2034 is gonna be better/just as good as metro 2033. And ask any game manufacturer and they will probably say that wouldnt make the same game twice :)

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I think Metro: Last Light is going to be more successfully than 2033, only if the manage to immerse the audience like in the first game.

3. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

We need playable demo of Metro: Last Light...
    I just can't wait until 2012...)

4. Anubis

Anubis Member

That was the day I canceled my subscription to IGN on youtube. They were the only game-review site that didn't understand the game and its origin. :mad:

5. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hope they release a demo! I will play it ten times in a row! :D

6. VSV

VSV Active Member

Looking at games like Bioshock, I think it has potential. But it's all dependent on THQ's willingness to put a good ad campaign behind it. If they skimp out and let the reviews and trailers be the hype, then it will likely do similarly to 2033 unless it's a perfect game that's lauded by critics.

7. scar_47

scar_47 Member

Absolutely, its now on the ps3 so theres more potential customers and their advertising and building the anticipation pretty well.

8. scar_47

scar_47 Member

I really agree, I think THQ learned from 2033 it's done well but taken a while to do so and now that there are some fans its probably easier to spend more on advertising to at least get them looking. That along with what should be higher critical praise should get more people to buy.

9. TrollofWar

TrollofWar Well-Known Member

I just hope that in fixing the 'flaws' of metro 2033, they don't remove aspects which I liked. 'streamlining' (read: dumbing down) gameplay rarely makes the game better, it just makes it easier and require less thinking or dexterity. Sometimes that might earn a few more sales, but it also occasionally loses long time fans because it's not like the game which made them a fan in the first place.. *cough*Crysis2*cough*

I imagine the game will be more successful than the original though, seeing as it looks fantastic. That, along with the promise that the game is better optimised this time around, is sure to bring in a few more PC gamers who want to see last light at its best.

10. NosalisHunter

NosalisHunter Member

Well i i do not know but we will see at the right time ;)

11. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

Yeah, i really hope they don't dumb it down as well. I really, really think they should just take the picture of the slacker-looking-guy off off the easy-mode description and describe it more positively for casual players so they can go Rambo when they want/need to. :D I play on lower diffuculty modes, especially as i've gotten older, but mainly when im interested in the game and experiencing the story/scenery, but not enough to risk playing a section over and over or practicing so i get better.

I feel LL will do much better, just from the amount of praise i give it on the net, thats got to be a 2% increase. ;)

12. AltairArtyom

AltairArtyom Well-Known Member

yeah, they're VERY bad, POST- APOCALYPTIC, man, POST-APOCALYPTIC, the things that IGN sayd that where bad are the best things the game has, exept some little things. IGN is a insult to me!!!! my name is Ignacio!!!!! FUCK you men!!!!
    Now, yeah, i think this game will be more succesful, it has more marketing (i saw this game for first time once by a publicity on facebook that said something like "do you like survival horror games, like Dead Space??? then you should see Metro Last Light!!!" and some other attractive sheet), and it's better than metro 2033, just check out the trailers man!!!!

13. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I believe so,yeah.I doubt it'll sell millions,though.

14. asume5

asume5 Active Member

it has a small dedicated fanbase so it will probably sell the same amount as the first game, maybe more if they put more marketing into it.

15. iR3vOlv3Rz

iR3vOlv3Rz Well-Known Member

Metro 2033 story is better than Metro 2034, why Last Light should be better than its predecessor?

16. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think you confused the thingies a bit here. Last Light is not Metro 2034 as I remember people said there is no Artyom in the book (2034).

17. DatDirtyDawG

DatDirtyDawG Member

When's the actual release date for the game?

18. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

q1 2013

19. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

He's in there, but not as the main role...

I do only care for sales if it means there will be another sequel. I know I'll get the game anyway, and that's all that matters to me.

#39 Darkbringer, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  20. THQvagrantscout

THQvagrantscout Well-Known Member

It is my sole purpose at THQ to ensure that Metro: Last Light will be more successful than Metro 2033...ok not my SOLE purpose, but it is my main concern for the foreseeable future. Not taking anything away from the first title as it was brilliant, but MLL is getting much more financial support across the board from development to marketing, from promotions to sales. This is a major priority for everyone involved, we want this game to succeed and open new avenues for the franchise.