Will Last Light be more successful than Metro 2033?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Luster, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

What do you think? I sure as hell believe so.

2. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think they'll make more money off it. But successful in being a unique and good game? I'm beginning to worry...

3. Ammothief41

Ammothief41 New Member

I really hope it sells great! Metro 2033 was awesome. but....

I can't imagine it selling better unless they dumbed down the gameplay. Games with quirky or unique gameplay have a history of selling really poorly. Look at what happened to Looking Glass Software. They made some outstanding and very unique games (Very similar to Metro in their own unique way) but being different wasn't good for sales.

It's my belief that it takes a certain kind of person to accept and enjoy the challenge of adapting themselves to a different gaming environment. When it comes to Metro, that's to figure out how to save ammo and gas masks, and decide whether you want to use stealth to make it through a level. There's no dialogue box to click on to choose which path you want to take nor any stats to decide whether you can use stealth or not. It requires the player to decide to make the most of whatever challenge is presented, all on their own, and those types of games don't seem to sell well at all.

I think when most people say they want choices in a game, what they really mean is they want choices presented to them to pick from, not that they have to figure out for themselves what choices they can make in order to complete the game.

4. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

My wish is that.... Ign Write 10 to metro! And for that metro last light must be much better than metro 2033. And even if metro last light will not be more successful than metro 2033 ign will write 4.5.

But even from trailer and demo I can say that metro last light will be better than metro 2033. only one recommendation I would give the creators is to change soundtracks! Make soundtracks as cool as they were into metro 2033

5. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I think it will be great, especially if it fixes any of the flaws in the original. But the question is whether it can get some new fans.

6. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

I just hope videogame sites dont bash on Metro Last Light(like ign,gamefactor etc) too much like they nitpicked and complained that made the game unplayable(like they did with metro 2033) but when some big game developer bribes them its immediately " 10\10 this game has no flaws whatsoever"

7. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

IGN made some sucky reviews on the game (Metro 2033), calling it "too depressive"....
    I mean..... It's a post-apocalyptic, so maybe it's supposed to be that way!
    Anyway, I think that Metro: Last Light will be awsome, no matter what the reviews will sat about it.

8. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

You cant spell ignorant without IGN. They did the worst review i have ever seen. They criticised the mouth animations when they are actually indeed in sync w/ the original russian vo's.

9. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Yea, I know what you mean, but the depressing thing was one of the worst misses (failures) that they did in that review xd
    (too me alteast)

10. vapera

vapera Well-Known Member

IGN gets bribed. Surely you all know that?
    The more you pay, the better your review, to a certain extent

It explains how all games from big well known game devs get instant 9'10s
    I really hope metro last light is succesful, there is an aurora to the whole metro feel which made me fall in love instantly.
    Metro 2033 is the best non multiplayer game ever, i can not think of any better game
    i loved it so much that i played the game 5 times on first medium, then hardcore, then ranger hardcore, then ranger easy, then lastly easy to get some achievements.
    Even though it had its flaws
    face models slightly weird
    only 17 voice actors, yes i counted in the credits
    gas mask filter change hardly works manually.
    All tiny patches of dirt on what is essentially a beautiful game

11. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

I feel closure knowing that at least I am not the onyl one to notice this fact and thanks Ghost Warrior now when people say IGN is great I will say "But you cant spell IGNorant without IGN"

12. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Let's see, Metro 2033 is a game that takes place in the Moscow metro, sheltering the only known remains of humanity after nuclear war. Also,they are continuously being attacked my mutants. There is war between various facctions, including the totalitarian Communists and Nazis...

What, did they think that it was gonna be a picnic with cute fuzzy animals?

13. Von Streff

Regular

I think IGN gets influenced by hype quite a lot: Skyrim is getting a ton of coverage from them, while lower budget (but not necessarily bad) games get the slam. But I do think they try to be as objective as they can. Besides, who really cares about the reviews? Let's get as many people as possible to play the game, and if, in the end we like it, then 4A has succeeded.

14. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

Well I think that metro last light will be better than metro 2033. And last light will be MUCH better if creators change soundtracks! I do not want Hollywood movie but a good game!

Sorry I just became too angry.... =))

And one more thing

When I was watching IGN'S review on youtube and when I was listening what was he saying I could not think he would write 6.9

why he wrote 6.9 and not for example 7.0? I mean 0.1 is ridicules.... But that 0.1 sent game into PASSABLE not into GOOD GAME.

marks for Metro 2033 are like this:

Presentation - 8.0
    Graphics - 8.0
    Sound - 7.5
    Gameplay - 6.5
    Lasting Appeal - 7.0

(8+8+7.5+6.5+7):5=7.4

but the mark is 6.9....

one more thing review on IGN UK is much bigger and the mark is 7.5.... ( http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1077533p3.html )

Thank you for reading this. Here is written only my opinion and I am not going to kill anyone for having an other opinion.....

#14 Oxotnik, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
  15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I sure as hell wish so! :p But I think it's going to be hard for any developer out there to create a game that's better than the masterpiece that Metro 2033 became - or at least for me.

16. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

depends on what the creators will focus on. Money or the plot and story of the game.

17. Von Streff

Regular

I can't believe 8.0 for graphics. Seriously, there are games coming out now with worse graphics! I was shocked at some of the textures in Black Ops, and the new Call of Duty doesn't look too amazing, either. Seriously, what do they have to do to get a 10/10?

18. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Black Ops owned every other call of duty,it is an amazing game with it's fail graphics wich at some points they should be like that i loved black ops.MW3 nah it is gonna be the same with the russian Makarov trying to take over the world blah blah blah the only thing i want to see is if Ghost is alive.that is all.

19. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, the gameplay was probably awesome, and the story too, I was just pointing out some of the graphics. Chances are it's an awesome game. :D

20. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

ima get ti anyway :) fighting through a airplane while protecting the russian president WHILE the plane is stalling and your in zero gravity seems AWESOME!!