Quantcast

Will Dragon Quest ever return to the PlayStation?

Discussion in 'Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior' started by lindbergh, Oct 10, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

The Dragon Quest games were a staple in the Nintendo console during the NES and the SNES era. When the PlayStation came, the series made a shift towards Sony. But after the PlayStation 2's Dragon Warrior 8, the series shifted back to Nintendo. Is there a possibility that the series would ever go back to the PlayStation?

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Personally I think the Dragon Quest series is better suited on Nintendo even if DQ did return to the PlayStation I don't know how well it would sell if I remember correctly DQ never relied on graphics it was more story driven.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I think that the DQ series as a whole is more on the side of cartoon and kiddish in comparison with the more (at least attempting to be) mature final fantasy series. at the moment it really does seem to belong with Nintendo.

4. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

I do think there is any chance that Dragon Quest returns to the Play Station. Although Dragon Quest VIII was a really great game, the series is more suitable for Nintendo consoles.

5. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

Do I think it will ever return to the Playstation? Maybe, but not very likely. Dragon Quest VIII was a great game and did pretty well.

Do I want it to return to Playstation? Heck yeah I do, I'm not buying a Wii or Wii U just for a Dragon Quest game. I'm a fan, but not THAT MUCH of a fan.

The only way I honestly see the series ever being put on a Playstation again is if Square Enix and Nintendo have some sort of business fallout.

6. huckfinn

huckfinn Active Member

I think it kind of depends on the direction Square Enix wants to take Dragon Quest in to be honest. If they plan on releasing the next instalment on a home console, I think there is actually a pretty good chance it will return to the Playstation. Releasing it on the Wii U just doesn't seem viable when looking at its sales figures, and considering Japan has always been the strongest market for Dragon Quest, an Xbox One release doesn't seem likely either. That leaves the Playstation 4 as the most logical choice. Who knows though, maybe they will choose to release it on a handheld console instead, like they did with DQ9.

7. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I think their is a greater chance for it coming out for handhelds then on the PS4 also I think it would sell more copies as well!