Wii U good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Meridia, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Meridia

Meridia Active Member

What can I say about the Wii U? For one it's a pretty interesting console, the controller looks cool and the games that are coming out for it look cool as well, but, why hasn't it done good at all? The Wii U is destined for extreme failure if Nintendo doesn't do something soon here. I like Nintendo and always wish they do great in the gaming wars, but this time around, it looks like Nintendo is done for. Well not done for, because they can afford to lose millions upon millions of dollars, but the Wii U is a failure and will forever be know as one.

What do you guys think of the Wii U? Worth buying? Is there hope the Wii U can do better at some point in the future?

2. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

The Wii U is awful simply for one reason. Game selection is so small that you'd be wondering how it has survived this long. I like the Wii U, it has potential, but it better hurry up and do something worthwhile unless you'll be seeing Nintedo stick to mobile gaming for the time being. That is until they design a fresh new console.

Oh and one other thing. Nintendo needs to get rid of all the old cats because it seems as if they have no idea what to do in the new generation of gaming, especially with online gaming. Nintendo just wasn't what they used to be sadly.

3. Cookiedough18

Cookiedough18 Member

It is okay. It isnt really being adopted yet so developers arent seeing an incentive to make games. The system itself is great, its just not really selling very well

4. Hook&Anchor

Hook&Anchor Active Member

Simply.... It's okay. Only okay. Not a lot of games, it seems like they are behind the times. Get some young new developers onboard. Lets go!

5. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

It#s not awful when it comes to the game system and the potential but the marketing and the concept is really bad. It's like Nintendo's 32X.

6. ahisel4

ahisel4 Member

I dunno, my friend bought one and loved it. It helps that he could play Super Metroid with a controller instead of on his phone with a game emulator, and the Nintendoland games were actually pretty fun - but I wouldn't even consider buying one myself until the game selection fills out a bit. They should have held onto it and made Smash Brothers a launch title.

It does seem to me that this whole generation is full of console releases with few games to support them; maybe this will play out differently when things actually start launching.

7. JDreamer

JDreamer Member

My Wii recently broke down, so I'm planning on eventually upgrading to a Wii U. I'm not really in a rush to do so though, since the game selection is as limited as it is. Though I am excited for the new Smash Brothers game. That's the one thing that's making me think about getting the Wii U within the next year.

8. ahisel4

ahisel4 Member

Yeah, my Wii hasn't actually worked all that well since I bought it - it sometimes freezes on certain parts of some disks. It made Call of Duty 3 unplayable past a certain level. So it might be nice to get a console, but the price point and lack of new games is kind of a barrier.

9. NatureSun

NatureSun Well-Known Member

I think Wii U will get better. Right now it barely has any games worth playing on it. But more and more are coming out every week.

And now since it got a 50$ price cut today I'm sure it will move a lot more units. I think in concept it's an amazing console and the integration of the tablet pad included in the console is a great innovation!

Hopefully it grains some traction in the coming months.

10. orlando curtis

I think the Wii U sucks 100 percent they need to come
    better than that or something.

11. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

I agree with most of the posts above. Wii U is not my cup of tea at the moment. Nintendo really has to get back to producing a lot of first party, high quality games in bulk. That probably means expanding their staff by twice as much as they currently carry. They simply do not create enough games. The Wii U game library looks terrible at the moment. Anyone under the age of 16 should not be buying this console.

12. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

The Wii U is a decent console, but I find that it's targeted more at the younger age groups. This is the type of console I would buy for my kid. Also, the game selections aren't as vast as the PC/Xbox/PS3. You have a lot more choices for the other consoles rather than a select few.

13. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would say I think it's an ok system the quality of Nintendo are great I have never had any issues with any of my Nintendo products, but I think it's a good secondary system, but not as a primary the problem is the graphics are just not up to par with Sony and Microsoft.

14. ZackBanana

ZackBanana Member

There's nothing inherently bad about the Wii U. I think most people are just disappointed because Nintendo hasn't innovated much recently. Their latest consoles seem to be just an upgrade of the last generation. That doesn't make it a bad console, there's plenty of improvements over the Wii.
    That being said, I won't buy it right now. They'll need to release a lot more titles before I shell out all that money. I personally prefer PC over console, so for me to buy a console, they'd have to impress me with some pretty great exclusives. I'm looking forward to Super Smash Brothers but I don't think I'd buy the Wii U just for that.
    Nintendo has had a slow start this generation. They just need to increase their library of games, that seems to be what everyone has a problem with.

15. Pickicool

Pickicool Member

The Wii U is a good console, but I think Nintendo missed its launch.
    It lacked a lot of the game, the console design looks too much like the Wii and cellede interface also resembles that of the Wii. The players think that there was no change between the two consoles.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the game to arrive. For example, I expect a new Zelda, a Mario Kart, Super Smash etc ... I know these games are, but I will not buy Wii U before that.

Therein lies the problem of Nintendo ... It too lacks games.
    But when all this will happen, Nintendo will regain its glory. I've always enjoyed on all Nintendo consoles.

Then I'll spend almost everything on a PS4 .... xD
    Then this is the Wii U.

I think there's a world that still has fun with the Wii U right now. It's just that people judge the console before you try it too quickly.

16. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

You know if they had a decent number of games available sometime after the Wii U was released it wouldn't be suffering so much. The Wii U has some potential but Nintendo shot themselves in the foot with it and now with both PS4 and X1 coming soon, I doubt it'll be able to survive.

17. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, "Zombie Lad" hit my answer spot on. The Wii U is terrible. The game selection is incredibly small, the gameplay stinks, and it reminds me of a bit more advanced "mobile gaming."

I was not a fan of the Wii and I'm not really a fan of the Wii-U. It makes me feel as if I'm playing on a tablet, but for some reason it's connected to my television screen.

18. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

I had a feeling that the wii U was going to fail. Nintendo was my favorite console for a while but not anymore. The wii itself has not advanced much since it came out, with that being said the internet browsing is the worse. There only hope is to keep doing the handheld thing, or completely change the system.

19. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think Wii U is bad, it's just there are not enough good games. But there is a good game that you must play if you have one and that is Bayonetta 2. I heard many good reviews and it looks awesome.

20. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

Wii U is one of the best device available in the market. It is a must have for heavy gamers. It feels wonderful to play high end games using it:)