Wiedźmin 3: Dziki Gon (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Nice trailer! :D
    May 31st.... Not long left now :D The vampires are the creatures that spooked me the most in this game, so I'm thinking it'll be fun with an expansion filled with them :D

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

It seems as though they're also giving the higher vampires more respect this time. In the books they were much more unique than most of the vampires we've seen in the games thus far, however it looks like Regis (an awesome character from the novels) will appear in this expansion. :D Launch trailers below.

Polish:
    [YOUTUBE]xap6NJoDHCs[/YOUTUBE]

English:
    [YOUTUBE]OP-ZsLYGJfQ[/YOUTUBE]

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I cannot remember which book it was in but i hope they have the Beauty and the beast story in this expansion

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

If you're referring to this one, then it was the first book. And I guess they could do something similar as a reference, but I doubt we'd see Nivellen because as far as I remember it was set in the Northern Kingdoms and Toussaint doesn't appear in the novels until 1999, when it appears in (in terms of plot chronology) the final book of the saga - Pani Jeziora (Lady of the Lake).

5. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Oh well, i really enjoyed that chapter that and the Golden Dragon one

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

So did I. They kinda ruined it in the TV series, but then again - they ruined almost everything in it. :p

This is a spoiler if you haven't completed W2 both ways: in the second game, depending on which path you take, you can learn that Saskia is actually Borch's daughter.

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

I wish Triss would be in the new expansion... </3
    [​IMG]

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The new expansion came out today, so I'm thinking whether I should jump in and play it now or wait (coz if I go into it now, I'll probably end up playing it for a very long time heh). Some Steam friends have already recommended it to me and the critics seem to like it too, but that doesn't really surprise me as I wasn't worried about the quality of it.

What I want to drop here today is an interview with Percival, the band that performed the soundtrack of W3 and both of its expansions in cooperation with the series' composers. Unfortunately it is all in Polish, so you won't understand much of it but if you haven't yet seen what some of the people behind W3's music look like then now you can. I've been a fan for some time now and own a few of their folk albums and one metal one (which they release under the name of Percival Schuttenbach), so it is great to see them finally get access to a proper recording studio and some worldwide recognition because they've been around for years and really deserve it.

[YOUTUBE]YpTVQz6XDpg[/YOUTUBE]

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think we've all seen this coming - you can now sign up for the closed beta of a standalone version of Gwint:

[YOUTUBE]4BeR52uA1T8[/YOUTUBE]

10. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

Ive heard that this game is good, so far I've just been getting all the achievements for Redux on xbx1

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

This game is more than good. You should get it, it's 50% off in the Steam Summer Sale right now :)

12. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

I'm not really a "Steamer"
    I play on console games, I'll consider on getting it.

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

So I've just finished KiW (the second expansion), doing pretty much everything there is to do, which brought my overall playtime in W3 up to like 10 minutes short of 280 hours. It was nice to see even more improvements added to the UI and gameplay through patches since I last played. This is easily one of the best games I've ever experienced; the previous DLC was a brilliant story on its own (with maybe even the best blot of them all and an amazing atmosphere), but this one is the perfect farewell to Geralt and crew. Plus it just feels refreshing to play something that is in Polish, made for a Polish audience, with fantastic dialogue/writing/voice acting as well as references that were put there especially for that audience. It is very rare to find something like this in an industry dominated by American, Japanese, and Western European productions. It may be a long while before another game this Polish, and this good, will be released - if we ever get to play another such masterpiece.

Plus KiW is absolutely magnificent for readers of Sapkowski's saga - there are some awesome characters from the books returning here, not to mention that Toussaint as a whole is also from the saga. Some of it could be considered fan service, but it still feels great and anyone who has been following Geralt's adventures all the way since the first book and through both previous games deserves this, especially if this really is the last game starring him. Perhaps I should be glad that CD Projekt are moving on to Cyberpunk and whatever else now, but it's sad to see this tale end... here's hoping they will return to the Wiedźmin universe in a future game with entirely new characters. And I hope that the Wiedźmin film will be filmed in Polish first, or perhaps made as an animated movie (in which case Jacek Rozenek must be Geralt's voice in the native version). :p

For those of you who have completed W3 and both expansions, I'll leave these two nice but heavily spoilerific videos by Super Bunnyhop about the DLCs:

[YOUTUBE]pQHsmiFJqJc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GuhE_P951Jc[/YOUTUBE]

And here is an enthusiastic video about the GOTY release, pretty much spoiler-free, from VideoGamer's Jim Trinca:

[YOUTUBE]9DYwfr_DcR0[/YOUTUBE]

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hm, I didn't know that Hearts Of Stone was based on some old story/movie. I didn't like Hearts Of Stone that much. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it, but the plot just simply didn't fall in my taste, neither did the characters. And although this Shani character was good, she never left much of an impression on me and then just disappeared half-way in the story, leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Never the less, the expansion was great, no doubt about it.

But Blood & Wine on the other hand... Oh crap, this was amazing! :D I've never been fascinated by or interested in vampires, but this story had me hooked from the start - the entire landscape was just amazing to behold, the plot was so exciting and the characters were just awesome. Triple-A game, so amazingly polished! (Pun intended :))