Why is thе pоst-gаmе сhаt timеоut sо shоrt?

Discussion in 'Heroes of the Storm' started by WilliamV, Apr 30, 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV Member
    Regular

I оftеn wаnt tо tаlk tо thе оthеr tеаmmаtеs аnd disсuss thе gаmе - еspесiаlly аftеr wе lоsе. I'd lоvе tо bе аblе tо tаlk аbоut whаt I think I did wrоng оr whаt thе оthеr plаyеrs wеrе lооking fоr frоm my plаy аftеrwаrds.

Unfоrtunаtеly, аs sооn аs thе mаtсh еnds thаt's it fоr сhаt. I find it inсrеdibly frustrаting.

Dоеs аnyоnе еlsе fееl this wаy? Is thеrе а gооd rеаsоn thаt thе сhаt сuts оut sо quiсk?

Thе оnly things I саn think оf аrе thаt еithеr thе еnginе dоеsn't suppоrt it, оr thеy'rе wоrriеd аbоut tоxiсity... But if yоu саn just lеаvе I dоn't sее hоw thе 'pеоplе will bе tоxiс' thing is rеаlly а big dеаl.

Еdit: I'm spесifiсаlly tаlking аbоut QM аs а sоlо hеrе. I dоn't wаnt tо fоrсе сhаt оthеr pеоplе whо dоn't саrе, but, likе аny RL spоrts mаtсh, I оftеn wаnt tо hаng аrоund аnd tаlk аbоut thе mаtсh аftеrwаrds.

Hоw tо gеt thе mоst insults аnd sаlt frоm yоur tеаm

Сhооsе stаgе divе.

I just did it in а gаmе (wаs оn Drаgоn Shirе, асtuаlly hеlpеd us а lоt) but gоt nоn stоp сursеs аnd blаmеs thrоughоut thе еntirе mаtсh.

Fun ult thоugh!

2. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Some people just want to start queuing for the next game, especially if they just lost. Sometimes it's not too good to dwell over what went wrong.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I for one would never stick around. The community in HoTS is, in general, the type that I don't want to say a single word to. Especially after a lost match. So please, get me out of the game ASAP! I wouldn't mind if there was an option to say, "press ENTER to stay in the chat" but I dont think many would use it.

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree I think there should be a feature to stay for those that want to. I think it would be a great implementation but I guess you are right in that they probably just want to avoid toxicity where they see it can be cut. This is a good suggestion though so if you really want it maybe you should bring it up with them directly and see if they will listen.

5. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Probably because it would be used for 25% good and 75% toxic people. There are similar things in most games where you only get a few seconds after the winner is determined.

But in cases like HOTS and LOL, you have at least a minute before the game ends when you know you are losing, sometimes longer. While it probably would annoy some people, that is a good time to say what you think you did wrong.

6. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is a little bit sad that you have to cut a big part of the socializing aspect because you recognize that your playerbase will make each other quit playing the game.

7. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Very short games that are concentrated on PvP and have auto-matchmaking of teams... yeah, that is basically the perfect storm for creating unsocial behavior. MOBAs are just not built to be ´social´games. Everything about them is for in and out gameplay.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Lol you are right. It's too frustrating sometimes even for the most patient people and in game chat is just way too susceptible for toxicity that it will only end up losing them their players.

9. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

They are trying to avoid the toxicity that occurs in these type of games. Just look at LoL for example. he bottom line is that it would be abused and they don't want to police it.

10. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

There were times that I wish that there's an option to chat with people especially after the game. But then, once I played with rude people, I understand why they opted to remove the post-game chat. Like what others have said, it just adds toxicity to the game. Yes, some people might not abuse the chat system but there's a lot more people who would be sure to abuse it.

The thing is, with anonymity, there's this hidden power which gives people the strength to bully or insult others. And the same goes for these chat boxes since the person behind is able to hide their true identity. And I can actually take this no game chat option rather than add to the toxicity of the game itself.

11. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wouldn't mind an option to keep it longer for those that want to stay a bit longer to chat. I also do get that people just want to get on to the next match. Some people may not want to deal with any toxic players after the match.

12. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This makes a lot of sense. This would just be extra time for more conflicts to arise. A lot more reporting would result and Blizzard likely doesn't want to deal with that.

13. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

The last thing Blizzard wants is the toxicity of LoL in one of their games. Blizzard has historically taken steps to clamp down on communication that may be or has already become a problem.

14. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it is hilarious some of the complaining that gets done even about Hearthstone where you can only do emotes. One of the emotes is ´nice game´ and people cry and say that their opponents use it in a mocking tone......

But yeah, Blizzard has always been heavy handed about squelching speech

15. Sworden

Sworden Well-Known Member
    Regular

I actually didn't even realize that there was a post-game chat... I played again recently after taking a decently sized break, so in game I also told someone: "Kills are shared", then felt really stupid about it.

But yeah, they should let you stay in the post game chat for as long as you want to be, instead of automatically removing you.

16. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

It's probably for the best. There are some really annoying players sometimes with whom its best not to waste time on them. Not giving you that opportunity helps. I do sometimes whisper people when they played a really good game or when they were raging on everyone and everything but themselves.

17. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like it this way better. I enjoy chatting with my teammates, but after a match is over I don't think it's a great idea to give people too much time to troll and flame each other.

18. TungstenCube

TungstenCube Member
    Regular

If I had to guess, I would say that it's probably short so as to eliminate any post-game smack talk that can occur if the winning or losing team wants to sling mud. You're very noble, and I think an outlier case, for wanting to discuss the mechanics of the game. Most players that i've played with would rather verbally bash their opponents than shake their hands.