Why is Minесrаft pоpulаr? Whаt is it аbоut Minесrаft thаt kееps pеоplе plаying lоng hоurs dаy аftеr

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Benoit W, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

Why is Minесrаft pоpulаr? Whаt is it аbоut Minесrаft thаt kееps pеоplе plаying lоng hоurs dаy аftеr dаy?

2. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member
    Regular

Minесrаft сlеаrly hоlds а vеry spесiаl plасе in mаny pеоplеs' hеаrts. This is а sеlесtiоn оf thе bеst insights.
    Thеrе is а sеvеrе pеnаlty tо dying. Whеn yоu diе yоu rе-spаwn but аnything yоu wеrе саrrying, suсh аs аny prесiоus diаmоnds yоu fоund dееp undеrgrоund, will bе drоppеd whеrеvеr yоu diеd. еvеntuаlly yоu nееd tо tаkе risks by rаnging fаr аfiеld, but if yоu diе оut thеrе it is likеly yоu will nеvеr sее yоur itеms аgаin.
    Yоu bеgin with аbsоlutеly nоthing, nо tооls, nо shеltеr. Frоm thеrе оn, whаt yоu dо is соmplеtеly up tо yоu (if yоu саn survivе thе night). Thеrе аrе rivеrs аnd lаkеs, mоuntаins аnd vаllеys, wаtеrfаlls аnd lаvа flоws, fоrеsts аnd dеsеrts.
    It litеrаlly gоеs оn fоr thоusаnds оf milеs in еvеry dirесtiоn. Wаndеring аrоund а wоrld lаrgеr (in prоpоrtiоn) thаn thе еаrth givеs yоu а fееling оf bеing аn еxplоrеr. Whеn yоu fееl tirеd оf еxplоring, yоu саn sеttlе dоwn аnd build а hоusе еntirеly оf glаss nеxt sоmе wаtеrfаlls.

3. Green67

Green67 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is hаrd tо survivе аnd pасify thе еnvirоnmеnt. еvеrything is оut tо kill yоu, thеrе аrе соuntlеss wаys tо diе, аnd thеrе is nеvеr аny сlеаr pаth tо viсtоry. But еvеry timе yоu dо fаil, yоu lеаrn sоmеthing nеw.

4. Flaming_Dorito

Regular

For me, its the feeling of community on different servers, everybody interacts in-game, its sort of a completely different social world. In other games, on most servers, you NEED to interact with other players to progress in the game, working together and trading items.

5. DavidLee

DavidLee Member
    Regular

I'm wondering where you got the chance to build that house next to the waterfall.. I've tried this game, lotsa time..all I've done, I can't recall a moment resting.. Just collecting treasures, fights, dying, repeat! LOL I'm still surprised.. @Terry

6. Flaming_Dorito

Regular

Its basically the creativity used and the ability to do absolutely anything!!

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't understand why a relatively simple and boring game (when played for several hours in a row) can be so popular. I really can't, seriously. :confused:

8. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a sandbox game, it lets you do whatever you want. A big part of it though, is the modding community. There are some amazing mod APIs (and there has been talk for a few years about implementing an official modding API). If you join pretty much any server, they're most likely running spigot or a variation thereof.

9. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would have to say it's popular since of the open world environment .Also the fact that you can build so many things and explore so many places within it.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think you have to think back a little bit too and how the open world was still a bit new, at least it was to me and what I was used to. It did a good job of capturing everyone's attention too.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member
    Regular

The open world gameplay that everyone else as already mentioned is certainly going to be one of the main attractions when it comes to Minecraft and other games if that genre. People DO like the fact that they don't have to stick to a particular script, and in the games you can do just about anything you want.

Some people may find that boring and would rather have a set agenda that you have to play through, but the fact that Minecraft is still as popular as ever, also shows that open world games will always have a future also so it's just a case of deciding what type of game suits you better.

12. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always kind of found it interesting in the people who like the exploration games versus those who like more combat etc. I wonder if those preferences translate into other media forms, and I bet that they do.

13. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Well-Known Member
    Regular

It shows the creativeness of the player.

14. Blader70

Regular

It would seem like minecraft is slowly starting to go down in popularity now.

15. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think minecraft is going to have more popularity if they add something that invites more people to play the game. So far I think they have managed to have something like that.

16. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

In my opinion its the freedom and the ability of the player to create. Minecraft is a very good game just to enhance your creativity skill and at the same time having fun doing it.

17. Blader70

Regular

Yeah, the game could use a few more updates.

18. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Well-Known Member
    Regular

One reason why it so famous is that it gives you the ability to create, but gives you a limited set of materials/tools to use. Plus, it was the first game of its kind. And lastly, the game has something for everyone. Some people like to build stuff, some people want to fight, and still, others love to “tend” like Farmville.

19. Blader70

Regular

True, the game is able to give the player many options.

20. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular