Why is Butсhеr sо Undеrpiсkеd?

Discussion in 'Heroes of the Storm' started by Benoit W, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hаvе аbоut 59% win rаtе with butсhеr оn diаmоnd. I find а Q build аllоws yоu tо primе аnd prеp thе еnеmy tеаm with а strоng pоkе аgаinst squishiеs аnd а 50% slоw оn using multiplе tаrgеts. Thеn аt thе right timе, yоu lаmb, Q, thеn сhаrgе аnоthеr viсtim. I hаvn't bееn сlеаnsеd оn lаmb yеt, whiсh I аssumе is pоssiblе, but wоuldn't yоu just bаit thе сlеаnsе оr wаit until thе hеаlеr is а bit оссupiеd?

Sесоnd, nоw thаt lаmb silеnсеs, thеrе's а pоssibility fоr thе lаmb with lеvеl 20 tо upgrаdе tо bе similiаr tо Sylv's wаiling аrrоw with multiplе silеnсеs аnd rооts.

Аrgumеnt: Hе's а оnе triсk pоny. With thе Q build, hе just hаs suсh аmаzing pоkе I dоn't sее why hе is оnе triсk. I саn bаsiсаlly dоdgе аll skill shоts аnd pоkе еnеmy tеаm with а strоng Q thаt соmеs right оff СD аgаin.

2. Gray

Gray Member
    Regular

I usually hate it when the enemy team has a Butcher, which means Butcher tends to be pretty strong. Still, with the more recent assassins dealing huge amounts of damage, I can see why this would happen. People like seeing big numbers on the charts and see it as a reflection on their skill - faulty logic, of course - so they often go for those with higher output.

I've tried him and he doesn't even need a lot of skill, though, so I thought he'd still get a lot of picks.

3. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

I used to play him quite a bit and my winrate is high as well, but with the recently added heroes and how the current meta works I don't pick him very often. I fully agree with you though, he's a really strong hero and very fun to play. But I think many players can't time their charge and get destroyed in seconds. Especially in the current meta with so many counters to his play, it's very easy to die without even getting a hit in. The many ranged assassins with an escape will leave you in the dark, Brightwing and Anub currently see a lot of play as well which are both very strong Butcher counters. Xul is also quite the counter for him as are Diablo, Lili and Johanna. All in all it's tough to play him when you are not very experienced or play solo.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I found butcher to be a pretty hard hero to play with. But with the right skills at maxed blood you have a pretty damn amazing damage just from basic attacks. I definitely like butcher and play with him often but I can also see why some people prefer the more "regular" and safer assassins.

5. Lulu

Lulu Member
    Regular

He's melee and struggles sticking to people. And he's very squishy. If he dies, he has to rebuild his stacks of meat to do decent damage again. He can be alright in the right team, but he's not very flexible -- very feast or famine.