Why do you think League of Legends has become so popular?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by Shine_Spirit, Jun 19, 2017.

1. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm a bit surprise to hear this about the community I was like they're are vibrant and to some level entertaining. I wouldn't understand how you mean exactly.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe... I'm wrong when I try to generalize the whole community (because I know there are good people there :)), but my comment was based on my personal experiences. ;)

DavidLee likes this.
  3. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I totally agree with that LOL! It's far worse than I expected, but it wasn't that bad a few years ago when I started playing it. The majority of players who can't handle themselves are mostly children, most are just around 11 to 15 years old. These are the ones who auto pick Zed and Yasuo in a normal game and would always say "Ill go mid lane". In a ranked game they would always request not to ban both, and once I see that kind of message in the team chat, I would just rather dodge the game and wait for a few minutes.

4. DavidLee

DavidLee Member
    Regular

Fact! Me too..can't think of such a boring community as LoL's that I've ever come across. I merely play the game lately anyway

5. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well maybe I'd have to go take a look at the community again. Perhaps I wasn't meticulous enough, let me check if I am going to see characters in a different perspective.

6. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Don't worry... That's not a problem. :) Each person has a different type of experience, it's normal. This community is just not my kind of thing. ;)

7. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Unfortunately, I think this was one of the worst aspects that came with LoL's immense growth because the community seems to get worse with each new day (and this is pretty bad :().

Working Buck likes this.
  8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

You have a point there we mustn't all see it from same angle otherwise there won't be much talk or debate about the game. One thing if you don't interest in the game you'll be fastidious about it

9. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Yeah, you're kind right about it. The less you are interested in the game, the more annoying it gets (and this change happens quickly :confused:).

10. Working Buck

Regular

I'm really amazed on how the DoTA 2 community did their thing. It's the same with League but how come their community doesn't suck a lot unlike league? Is it because the majority of DoTA 2 players are adults and League has kids playing the game?

thisnthat likes this.
  11. Shine_Spirit

Regular

I can't say that this is the main reason, but it is certainly one of the reasons that is part of the list. I can't understand how a community can be so annoying. :oops:

Working Buck likes this.
  12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

When the game come out it was one of the only MOBAs that seemed interesting and it was also free, most games at the time using a pay-to-play scheme. After it gained a little bit of popularity people stuck around simply because the game is easy on the eyes and pretty fun with all the different game modes. Compare it with DoTA which has a way darker look.

13. Working Buck

Regular

A lot of kids these days suddenly become pro players when in a forum or while playing the game. Most people I play with who lose their cool while playing are kids. The ones who communicate with the team just by pinging the map or with just short words are adults and I seldom fine these guys. How can you not be annoyed if one of your team mates has already died 6 times in just 12 or 15 minutes of the game and call everyone in the team an idiot? The community is a big mess.

14. clair02

clair02 Active Member
    Regular

I know what you mean, but I guess there is little we can do about things like that. I just try to focus on the positive aspects of the game and the community and try to ignore anything that I don't like about League of Legends or other similar games.

15. Shine_Spirit

Regular

It's impossible to disagree with you when you say that the community is a big mess. It's necessary to improve many things so that it will become a good community. :confused:

16. Working Buck

Regular

I guess riot would have a hard time dealing with such a community LOL! Might as well make a new game, hype it up, and make it a game with monthly subscription so kids won't have some easy access on playing.

17. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Hahahaha... Yeah! :D

Well, your idea would be a great thing to be done. I think getting away from the kids would already be a major breakthrough. :p

Working Buck likes this.
  18. Working Buck

Regular

Hell yeah! LOL! I do know a few kids who can handle the game quite well but I think there are thousands more who just rage while playing and then either troll or quit. It's the main reason why League is considered by others as a game for kids. Hope someone from Riot can read what we are talking about haha!

19. Shine_Spirit

Regular

When it comes to "League of Legends", the word "child" means - in most cases - a real problem. :rolleyes:

Please, someone has to make them forget this game! :D

20. Working Buck

Regular

I better start referring to these "kids" as "children" now LOL! I was trash talked by a "child" last knight just because they lost. Kept calling me names and even added me just so he can trash talk me after the game. I just blocked him and played another game. these children really have a hard time moving on LOL!