Why do you still play this game?

Discussion in 'Everquest Next' started by blackstone, Aug 7, 2013.

1. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

What goals are left for you to achieve?Why do you still play this game?

2. Wowfan

Wowfan Member

I only play this game because its so addicting really. It's kind of like browsing reddit... I just cant find anything else to do in my free time.

3. Thordar

Thordar Active Member

Well I'm kind of waiting for feedback from when they develop the game for PC. They've had two false starts already so it's win or bust really.

4. Ananda

Ananda Member

I thought the game hadn't even been released yet. How can there be a question of why do you still play if it's only been played in beta?

5. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

It's not even out yet. How can we play that game when it's not even out? If you are talking about Everquest 1 and 2, I am not playing t anymore. The last time I went back to that game was back in 2008.

6. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I used to play the game a lot, but I think I burnt myself out playing the game every once in awhile I may play for a little bit then I usually don't play for almost a year or longer.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

A year is a really long time to not play a MMO. Everything around that game changes in the meantime. You go back to the game and find out that it's not the game you were playing one year ago.

8. jcairns82

jcairns82 Active Member

Props to the individual who compared playing this game to reddit. :)

I can't comment on Everquest Next, but I presume the OP meant Everquest 1 and 2. I keep playing, because there's always a different way to approach a game. Plus, it's fun to compare the quests to the newer games and see if much progress has been made in the industry.

9. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

True I usually come back hoping that the game has improved for the better and if the game has change dramatically it's like playing a whole new game which is most of the time fun, but not always.

10. FlupKe

FlupKe Member

Everquest 2 was for me one of the richest MMO world I ever played, it is full with quests with NPC dialogue and great scenarios. It was so epic when it got out!! What I remember also was the stellar soundtrack, it really added to the immersion ! With lots of extensions and more quests than most MMOs out there, I totally get why people are still playing it!

11. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure OP meant EQ 2, this game is still alive and kicking, offering lvl85 heroic characters for a low price and additional perks. You can even upgrade your low level character to lvl85 in an instant now.

I have recently leveled my new wizzy from lower levels and it was pretty dull at times. No idea why I kept coming back either :)

12. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

Don't you feel a bit lost when you get bumped up to level 85?
    I think the giant dump of new skills and lack of equipment would be overwhelming and leave me wandering aimlessly.

13. Ironsight90

Ironsight90 Member

I'm going to assume you mean EQ1 and 2, both games of which I consider myself a veteran of.
    I have played many, many MMO's, including WoW, Tera and GW2, yet I always find myself coming back to EQ2 because I've become so invested in the world of Norrath over the years.
    It truely is the richest and deepest fantasy world I have ever experienced. Everquest 1 came up with the recipe that all MMO's (yes, even WoW) follow to this day. Everquest 2 improved on that recipe, it's just a shame that it was dwarfed by a much more accessible competitor, I'm sure I need not say which.

14. Brothainarms

Brothainarms Member

Oh boy. Can't afford two addictions that bad in my life... For real haha. I played EQII and am thinking of starting a MMORPG up again, this may be one.

15. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I still have a low level character lying around on a EQ 2 server. I definitely need to dust it off start playing in preparation of EQ Next. Somehow the whole Everquest craze went by me over the years and I would love to get into the world of Norrath and experience it for myself.

16. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I'm not playing EQ2 any longer. I enjoyed it, but just couldn't stick with it for long. The art direction of EQ Next is looking pretty spiffy though. I'm excited to see how it turns out.