Quantcast

Why do you like playing RPGs?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by lindbergh, May 14, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

We all know that all of us here are RPG fanatics. We love playing them Final Fantasies and Fables and Zeldas. But what is it that compels us to play RPGs? Why do we love playing RPGs? Here are my reasons:
    • It's like playing something from a fantasy book
    • I get to live and explore beautiful places
    • I get to save the world
    • I see a lot of pretty ladies (Quistis, Tifa, Rinoa)
    • I get to escape reality

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

I play role playing games for the character's progression and growth, then of course the story. This is something that other genre can't provide, because in the RPG's I play, they offer character customization.

3. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Well-Known Member

I love RPGs because you get to choose your own path, own way on how to finish the story and one of the RPGs that excelled in that is Skyrim. Loved it.

4. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member Regular

My reasons are very similar to yours. I enjoy playing RPG's to escape from reality for a while and enjoy all of the pretty women (ha ha.) Well, not really the pretty women part so much, but I just all around enjoy temporarily living in a fantasy world where I can essentially do whatever I please. As Jun Yun said above, choosing your own path is awesome. Your game is not going to turn out like everyone else's and you've made it your own. I love that about RPGs.

5. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

I enjoy playing RPG's because I like playing the role of somebody that I couldn't normally be in real life. For instance, I love playing the role of a stealth assassin whenever I can, I just find it cool. It's obvious I cant go around doing that sort of stuff in the real world.

6. rachael

rachael Active Member

I am drawn to games that allow me to fully customise my character, and fully take control of their lives and their choices. And any game that incorporates that kind of freedom, and has colourful characters, gorgeous landscape and is a fantasy game, I will find a way to own it. RPG's are my favourite games.

7. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member Regular

I just enjoy of the feeling when exploring new places and landscapes. In addition as the original poster said that it is kind of a way to escape reality of the outside world.

8. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

It's like being able to control a dream that has so many cool elements involved. I fell in love with rpgs after FFVII, and that world was so captivating, I had to have more.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

None of what you've mentioned actually, I like playing RPG's just for the character building. I'm a huge geek when it comes to really building up your character, from items to skills and just being an overall badass in game.

10. hamz10

hamz10 Well-Known Member

I like rpg's to build up an amazing character with formidable items and epic looking armor. So people look in awe at me when I show them.

11. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

Oh, I just love playing them. They re one of the best genres out there, probably the best of them all. That's why I still go back to RPG from time to time. They are generally more content rich than other games.