Why do you keep coming back?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by JohnBeaulieu, May 19, 2015.

1. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Well-Known Member

If you have played WoW for several years or even from day one what keeps you coming back? Is it the content? Is it the people? Is it the lore? Is it the game mechanics or graphics engine? I would love to hear your stories about why you still play WoW over these last several years.

2. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Its the people man. I've played with the same friends for a hell of a long time and we always find something to do. Sure we no longer play more than a few hours but still.

3. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Questing is fun.. leveling up my main at the beginning of an expansion is fun.. but after that, the gear-grind is just too obvious and too predictable.. there is very little left that is exciting.

I only really have an active account now because I can pay for it with gold, which I have plenty of. WOW is basically free2play for me now, but I still dontĀ“log in much.

4. Zoreia

Zoreia New Member

Hey there! :)

I've been playing WoW for many years (started right before BC was released) and I gotta say, sometimes I wonder why I return to the game. $15 a month DOES add up, especially when I'm not playing every day.

However, I personally am a mount/pet collector, so whenever they release new things like that whether in-game, or in the Blizzard store, it always brings me back at least for a little while.

I also really enjoy playing with the people I've met online. My husband and I met on World of Warcraft (he was my raid leader) and I'm still an active raider now. So for me, it's a mix of different things that keep bringing me back to the game.

5. devonbomer

devonbomer Active Member

I always leave and return because I miss WoW all the time. I guess it's the side affect of addiction, but I can't pin a single reason on why I keep returning to WoW! Maybe it's the endless quests or the possibility professions have to offer. There is just too much that the WoW universe offers, and so many possibilities for everybody! Everybody has their own goals on what they want to get out of the game. Whether it's, PvP, Role Playing, or Questing!

6. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I keep returning to WoW for the friends I've made there. I don't even think it's so much that I miss the game play, just that most of my friends don't seem like they will ever leave, and even if they do it's unlikely that we would play the same MMO. On top of that, even if we do play the same MMO how likely is it we'll all be on the same side again? So, yeah. That's what draws me back. That and the rp.

7. Michelle

Michelle Well-Known Member

Just because I really think it's fun. Like, genuinely fun. I do have some online friends who I would miss if I ever quit forever, but I just think the game is fun. I think it's awesome to be able to pay $15 a month and log in whenever I want and pretty much do everything in a vast open world. I loved achievements and titles, and I'll never come close to getting them all but it sure is fun to try.

8. thejamal

thejamal Well-Known Member

I actually just resubbed about a week ago because I'm looking forward to the changes in 6.2. It looked like the changes will be a great step to some of the problems with the game and make pvp more fun again. I also really would like to get into raiding for one of the first times since I started playing WoW and see the new content. I feel like participating in a raid guild and progressing through content is one of the last facets of WoD that actually takes some skill to pull off.

9. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

WoW is just fun, and there are tons of things to do that have kept me busy for years now. It's something that gets old if you're not willing to put in the effort, but it seems to become more fun as time goes on.

10. peter021

peter021 Member

It's like taking drugs, its addictive lol kidding aside maybe because of the memories I gained here :)

11. Calamity

Calamity Member

Largely has to do with the friends and memories that I've made playing wow. As of late more so the memories. Many of the friends I've made playing wow no longer play, but many people from my various guilds still play. Though most of my close friends no longer play. Wow is a weird game to me where in I can't stop myself from coming back. It's quite wonderful. I love wow.