Why did you buy the Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U' started by FuZyOn, Sep 9, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Personally, a relative of mine gave it to me on Christmas. She said that she didn't really enjoy it and she knew I'm a video game enthusiast. I don't use it that much, but it's an okay console.

#1 FuZyOn, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  2. atlantasports

atlantasports Well-Known Member

My sister bought if because she has children that are into video games, but they and I enjoy it just as much as the kids.

3. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Because Nintendo. Seriously I still love Nintendo first and second party games so I always buy their consoles.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm still in love with Nintendo after they brought so much joy to my childhood, but they're seriously not coming up with anything unique nowadays. Really hope they pick up, and also market their devices better.

5. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ha ha, my situation was kind of the same, only it was my parents instead. I didn't have any plans to buy the thing at all, but come Christmas morning I went and stayed overnight at their place, and when I got up and started opening presents it was under the tree.

I don't regret having it because I didn't pay for the thing. Still, it's a bit dusty and underused most of the time. A shame, because I really like the screen built into the controller.

6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I got it as a gift as well. It's pretty cool. Not my go to console but I still like it.

7. ilivetofly

ilivetofly Member
    Regular

I would probably only buy it to play the Mario game that uses the pad to place blocks in order to assist (or foil) the path of the other players. Smash bro's looks pretty good on the Wii U as well.

8. ccarpenter117

ccarpenter117 Member

I bought it black Friday one year and I'm glad I did. I've enjoyed the games that have come out on it and I like the ability to play strictly on the game-pad, it's nice when someone is using the TV for something else. Main reason it was bought though for was the Zelda games that would be eventually coming out on it, although at this rate the newest game will be coming out on whatever Nintendo's new console is.

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Splatoon is VERY unique, it twists the entire third person shooter formula in a totally fresh and fun experience.
    The new Starfox will use the gamepad to look around the cockpit and shoot enemies with your spaceship.
    I mean they're doing stuff and I think they're fresh enough. The problem they're having is that they have zero third party support now, so it's not very successful unfortunately. And now that they're making a new console already it's better to wait for a price cut even though I think the Wii U is still worth it.

10. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I bought the Wii U because of Smash 4 originally. I've bought a few great games since then, but I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for Smash.

11. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Bayonetta 2 is the only reason I gave in and brought the WiiU since it's the closest thing to a Devil May Cry game than that crap that was pushed out by Ninja Theory and the less I say about it, the better. ZombiU wasn't too bad either, though it took me a bit to get use playing it.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a little harsh to call the new DmC crap. I can understand why some long-time fans might not like it, but it was far from a bad game.

I personally liked it a lot, even if it wasn't exactly like the originals.