Quantcast

Who's on top?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by RolePlayer, Jul 29, 2015.

1. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

What type of Pokemon is the strongest out of all the Pokemon games? I heard that it was Abra. If I were to pick a favorite Pokemon to use as far as strength I would have to go with Charizard.

2. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Mmm, it's been a while that I don't update myself to new pokemons but when I used to play a lot I remeber that Mewto was the one who rocked hard but I can be totally wrong.

3. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

I dunno if there's any one "ABSOLUTELY STRONGEST" amongst the Pokemon; a lot of strength depends on how well you train the Pokemon. If you know how to train up the right stats and choose the right moveset, you don't need worry so much about choosing the absolute strongest. A lot of my picks for my team are not considered "good" Pokemon for competitive battling, but even so, I do pretty well with battling, so I must be doing something right even if they aren't the strongest picks. Strategy is important, too.

That being said though... Maybe a lot of the legendaries. Tons of them are super powered. I've especially noticed that Latios and Latias are hardcore now that they have mega evolutions added on top of it. Same with Mewtwo.

Some Pokemon I often hear of when talking about competitive battling and overall strength though.. Metagross, Alakazam, and Machamp seem to be common mentions in these sorts of discussions.

4. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

Isn't it more to do with the stats that you get from breeding them nowadays? It would have to be one of the legendaries im guessing since they usually have the best stats if i recall from my emulator days when I was always checking the stats.

5. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

As niightwind said, there isn't really a strongest pokemon. Each pokemon has its use, and strength is situational. If we are to take it on a canon note, I think that Arceus would take the top spot, as he is basically God. Like, literally God.

6. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

It depends on how you raised it man but I would have to agree that psychic or fighting pokemons have a great advantage over other types as they are also my favorite. Fire types are overused but rightfully so because they deal a good amount of damage.