Quantcast

Who's excited for Fable Legends?

Discussion in 'Fable' started by William Quah, Mar 1, 2014.

1. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

Anyone here is excited for Fable Legends? Not much details have been revealed yet, all we got was one trailer. Can't say I'm very excited for another Fable game. Like others, I think Fable should be put to rest and that Lionhead should make a new IP instead.

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I didn't know they were working on such a game, but I did some research and it looks like it's only coming out for Xbox One which sucks so I am not getting excited for a game that I can't play even though the Fable series has been a great experience.

3. Psybe

Psybe Well-Known Member

Hope to play it soon

4. Meebler

Meebler New Member

This made me glad I just purchased an Xbox One. I was on the fence for a while between the Xbox One and the PS4, but peer pressure and a history of owning Xbox consoles won out. I absolutely loved the first Fable; I must have beat the game five or six times, experimenting with different skill paths and alignments.

When I saw Fable: Legends while searching through Amazon, I have to admit I was pretty excited. I may even pre-order it. The trailer doesn't really tell much about the game, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. With any luck this new installment will revive the series and make people forget about some of the lesser celebrated sequels.

5. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

My opinion: Meh. :eek:

6. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I'm worried about the Fable Series for anything past the third game. Whatever they do, they better make sure the this game is the successor it so desperately needs in order to make up for the horror that was the third installment of the game. This game being on the Xbox 1 also has me rather worried; I haven't heard or seen a whole lot of good things about the Xbox 1 yet.

7. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Fables itself is a series on a downward spiral as it is. So initially, I didn't have much hope for it going forward. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt when they announced a new one would be make for the Xbox1. But then months later they go and say it's a f2p game.

That right there will kill any hype it had left.

8. sorrowscall

Well, on the bright side, if their suddenly making it a f2p game, then it means they've either finally thrown in the towel, stopped beating a dead horse, or want to appeal to a less consumer oriented market. No matter how you look at it though, the bright side is still rather dim.

9. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Well-Known Member

I played the first Fable game twice. The second one, I haven't finished, yet. It might take awhile before I can play this one. I'm currently focusing in the other games I play.

10. thepieeatingjay

Well, the fact that it's being made at all means they haven't thrown in the towel technically. But for the most part it does have the "we give up" feeling since now the franchise is a figment of what it was or could have been. First they made that Kinect game for it and now this f2p thing.

11. sorrowscall

Don't even get me started on the Kinect game! It's pure evil! I miss the good ole' days when saying you were a Fable fan actually meant something; it meant you enjoyed a well thought out and decently rated game! Now, it's little more than marketing; and bad marketing at that!

12. thepieeatingjay

Yeah, it is bad marketing. But it seems they'll ride it out till the end. They're hoping the fans with that mentality will drive the upcoming f2p game. But I'm not sure how many times you can anger your fanbase before they turn on you.

13. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

I didn't know they was making another Fable. I love the Fable series so I will most likely play it.

14. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori Member

I played the Beta, and I can report that it's missing everything we know and love from the Fable games. Gone is the charm and humour... Gone are choices that matter... I personally don't understand why they would make this game called Fable, as it doesn't resemble any of the other games at all. With that being said, if Fable 4 was ever to come out, I'd play the hell out of it! :D