Who was the one encouraged you to play LOL?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by mwin43587, Jun 7, 2015.

1. mwin43587

mwin43587 Well-Known Member

Who was the one encouraged you to play LOL?

2. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

I encouraged myself to try it out, but one friend of mine was the reason for really getting into the game. I introduced him to the game, and he liked it more initially than me, and we decided to duo it.

3. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

None actually, I saw some gameplay on youtube and said "Why not?" so I just downloaded it and started playing. At first glance I didn't really like it but then I said "wow.. this is super cool" and here I am :)

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

A friend in 2011 told me that I should join him and play this game. I wasn't sure what to think at first, but I really grew fond of the game over the time.

5. peter021

peter021 Member

may schoolmates, since most of them are playing Lol, so I got intrigued to what it is all about, then the story goes on and now here I am still playing it :rolleyes:

6. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

A bunch of friends that love LoL and play it nearly every day. I'm not as hardcore as them, though.

7. parassd

parassd Member

It was my friend. His friend encouraged him to play LoL and then he started pursuing me and our mutual friends. In the end we all loved it :p

8. tubestud

tubestud Well-Known Member
    Regular

A friend of mine. I started my MOBA journey with DoTA 1. I took a long break, and when LoL released in Beta, I got an invite. I played it solo for a bit, then a lot with friends. Still play to this day. I'm only Gold 3 though. :(

9. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

A guitar friend of mine invited me to play league of legends with him in beta. I remember he brought me into a premade group of 3 other people who all made smurf accounts with names similar to mine and we went into the game, my first match in and in my first fight I got a triple kill. I didn't even know wtf I was doing lol.

10. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

A couple of my buddies played the game and invited me to play with them. Ever since, I kept playing LoL until now. But now, I've started to stop playing a bit.

11. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

A friend of mine introduced me to this in 2012, and since then I'm playing it like a madman, and he eventually quit in 2014. He still asks me a few things about this game, but he lost his interest due to the harsh community, unfortunately.

12. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Myself. I never heard the word "MOBA" really before LoL started to get popular. I heard about this new beta game called League of Legends and that it was free and no monthly was required. All over that like white on rice.

Little did I know they did have a monthly fee - it's called SKINS and I know now it's more potent a sale then any 15 buck/month charge. LOL.

13. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Previous friends, we played for a bit but then it got boring really.

14. Obi

Obi Well-Known Member

I was curious about the game, played it in beta or something and completely forgot about it until season 1 had almost ended, and all of my friends were telling me about the game I played when I was like 11.

15. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

I began playing League mostly because a lot of my friends were playing. I didn't have money or a lot of games to play back then so I began playing League. Eventually I got the hang of it and started becoming an active player.

16. Kennypie

Kennypie Member

A few of my friends in college played the game and thought I would like it. They told me it was similar to DOTA and it was free to play. Since it was free I thought I might as well give it a try. I had no idea what I was doing in the beginning but after a few months I surpassed my friends in ranking which was awesome.

17. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Awesome. How long have you been playing?

18. Luuchan

Luuchan Member

My friend's boyfriend sent me a referral and since it was towards the end of my first year in college, I decided to try it out. When I was living at home, my parents had forbidden me to play online games because of strangers, so I had zero experience interacting with other people. I didn't really end up playing with my friend's boyfriend, but I liked the game enough myself to keep at it on my own until I met other people in college who also played.

19. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

My brothers played a lot of LoL. They played after class and would just watch. Eventually my sister played too so I did. We played, the four of us as a sibling past time. Those were very good years we all had our roles already planned. Our middle child which was the best played the AP mid. My other brother was top or jungle then my sister was support and I was ADC.