Who is your favorite companion?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas' started by Oblivious, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

In my first playthrough, I went with Boone and didn't try recruiting anyone else.

I liked him because he may be one of the "good" guys but he was ruthless. His quest line and the things you learn when conversing with him are really well written and you actually empathize with him, in spite the fact that he chose to
    kill his wife instead of letting her be a slave.
    I also like his insta-hate when members of the Legion are near. :p

In my current playthrough, I chose him again and fixed ED-E as well. I've also installed the mod 'Unlimited Companions' so I can recruit more people without having to dismiss someone. Haven't recruited anyone else yet though.

Which companion do you usually choose? Who did you like the most?

2. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Veronica I've bummed around with and did her storyline which is really cool and deep. Cassy is ok, but not to solid in a fight, however she has some funny and bitchy remarks. They are the only ones I have been interested in other than my man Boone. He is crazy deadly with the 50cal. I really like watching him operate that rifle, I swear he smirks when he gets a headshot when he's shooting that gun!

3. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

As for ede or Rex. Ede with the followers repairs. That laser has saved my butt numerous times. Rex is ok with that legion brain.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always lost my companions through random glitches, so I stopped caring about them. They were all dead to me after one disappeared for literally 30 hours and then randomly came back. It was more amusing than problematic, and I prefer playing without a companion since then.

5. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ed-E or whatever the robot was. Watching him zip around and annoy things was greatly amusing.

6. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

Boone was my favorite companion for quite a long time, since I encountered him first, and he could pick off easy enemies like ghouls from a distance, before I even get close to their melee range. He is a valuable asset and he has saved me from dying plenty of times, and he's pretty silent and keeps his mouth shut most of the time.

I also liked rolling around with Cass, but I can't really remember exactly why. I guess I liked her as a character.

Also, can't go wrong with Rex. I was kinda sad that he was a robot-dog, but hey, it's as close to Dogmeat as it can get.

7. Typhon

Typhon Well-Known Member

Anybody ever run around with that goul or super mutant?

8. Moira Brown's Lakelurk

ED-E is a given -- his repair is great, he's a perfect mule, and his being able to spot enemies at a distance is something I miss when he's not there, although sometimes he does go after things I'd prefer he avoid. Veronica was OK, but I usually prefer to take on enemies from a distance. I'd have to go with Boone or Arcade. Personally, Arcade's energy weapon (OK, sounds a bit rude) was very helpful. Boone, though, was great fun at the legion bases. I didn't find much use for Cass. I tried the ghoul and super mutant, but they weren't great -- Raoul doesn't show up until too late in the game, and Lily is another melee character. Basically, for most of the characters, I'd keep them around long enough to trigger their quests, them dump them for Arcade or Boone.

9. cassidy

cassidy Member

ED-E hands down. He reminds me of R2-D2 with the beeps and fanfares. I'm not sure if he develops a personality just like his more famous colleague but he sure shows some signs of that :)

10. stardustcrusader

stardustcrusader New Member

ED-E was my favorite, his perception boost was great and that laser is brutal. He was also super adorable to boot! I just wish he wasn't so, aggressive, at times.

11. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Cass and Veronica for me. Also, Cass is secretly the grand-daughter of Tycho from Fallout 1, so that is always a bonus. Veronica is voiced by the most gorgeous Felicia Day, so I could listen to that voice all day long. :D

12. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Boone was pretty cool, my favorite bit is when you are just walking randomly in the dessert and out of knowhere it zooms to boone sniping some random creature!

13. ElegantMew

ElegantMew New Member

Boone is definitely my favorite companion. The fact that he is able to simply pick off several of the weaker enemies really saves time and allows for me to focus a little bit more. Definitely a great asset in terms of my experience. However there are several others I do enjoy - but Boone is my personal preference.

14. slaughterboy

slaughterboy Member

If I want the most powerful companion it's Cass, hands down. She has more combat related perks than any other companion.

Right off the bat she starts with Shotgun Surgeon (technically an identical perk just for companions) so shotguns are significantly more powerful in her hands, and stay that way even late in the game. More than that though is her optional Hand of Vengeance perk, obtained from completing her companion quest. It may not seem like much, but an extra 15% damage to Guns-skill weapons in a combat environment based solely on Damage Threshold is very powerful. Combine that with the Dinner Bell, slug ammunition, and the aforementioned Shotgun Surgeon, and she can shred nearly anything by herself short of the Alpha Deathclaw. Also works great with the All-American and Surplus rounds.

I like most of the other companions for various plot reasons, but 80% of the time if I have a choice in companions and I'm not doing a Legion playthrough I've got Cass at my back.

Oh and ED-E for life. Between no ranged weapons, a minimally useful companion perk, randomly running off after rats, and having to take off my helmet every time I want to talk to him, Rex is the weakest companion out of any of them, much less compared to ED-E.

15. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Well-Known Member

Combat wise, my favorite is Veronica. In power armor she's unstoppable. Character wise, Raul because he's a zombified Danny Trejo.

*Oh, I noted my favourite and least favourite.*

16. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Cass was my favorite simply because of the perk she gave me when we teamed up. Since I like drinking whiskey in real life, it felt like I had to take her on as a companion.

17. atlantasports

atlantasports Well-Known Member

That may or may not be the greatest description of Raul that I have ever heard haha.

18. atlantasports

I would definitely have to go with Cass on this one. She has awesome features that are just better than all of the other characters, as mentioned above.

19. atlantasports

Is that second sentence true? I didn't even know that. And yes, Felicia Day has the voice that could calm anyone down haha.

20. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Seriously? That would explain the sight crush I had when I heard her talking for the first time...