Which was the scariest film you ever saw?

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by Blader70, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Now that I'm older, only a handful of films scare me. But when little, I was afraid of the first Chucky movie and first Gremlin movie. Also, Jeepers Creepers and a chupacabra movie.

2. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think Sinister was one of the scary film. I got scared on some points. though it's not completely scary. and it is more into the case of the thriller and mystery.

3. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't really like watching horror movies because I get scared so easily. However, I have watched a few horror movies and so far, the Insidious was the scariest for me.

4. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I guess the scariest movie I've seen was Conjuring. That movie really scares the hell out me.

5. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

Signs of end time, which is a movie acted in Nigeria really scares me most.

6. Athanas

Regular

I have never watched that one before, I will strive to watch it, but ofcourse during the day, hehe.

7. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Aww, come on. Scary movies are at their peak when you watch them at night and all alone lol.

8. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, watch it at day light in an empty room and alone. Ha ha. I watch it that way. It was so scary even you watch it at day.

9. acemorgp001

acemorgp001 Well-Known Member
    Regular

For me nothing beats a good Filipino horror movie the likes of shake rattle and roll. I am not thrilled by twisting necks like that one in the Exorcist. But an old woman who suddenly appears in the middle of day or night just give me the creeps. Closest to this horror kind is the sixties vampire films. I think horror movies is dependent on the culture of the people watching it. When the exorcist was shown in manila during the early seventies the people in the audience laughed at Linda Blair's demonic possession antics. But a manananggal that is about to suck out a babe inside a pregnant woman's tummy will probablty scare the daylights out of any Filipino.

10. Athanas

Regular

Many horror movies such as saw7 can really scare a human being up to his roots of existance. But as you keep on watching them, you become immune to fear and can never have nightmares even if you have watched the worst of them.

11. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I no longer get scared of watching horror movies as I used to in the past. Know that I know the sound effects are the only thing thatakes it scary it is hard to get scared but the conjuring is somehow scary.

12. Lewis Ngata

Lewis Ngata Active Member
    Regular

I've been watching horror films since I was a little kid and as an adult, there's really no horror movie I'd say rattled me as much as they used to. However, at the very top of scary movies I'd list The Conjuring and Truth or Dare. For the Conjuring, only the first movie scared me. I was in high school at the time and hadn't grown into my own in the horror genre. Truth or Dare was quite laid back for a horror movie but the premise of the haunting was pretty damn terrifying. The concept of meeting some random guy who transfers his curse onto a group a friends who immediately start dying really rattled me. I was sad and mad at how they systematically died but then that was part of why I was so captivated by the movie. The end scene when they release the curse on the entire world also scared me and the thought that if that movie were real their action would have ended the human race is terrifying.