Quantcast

Which type do you find to be the strongest throughout the game?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by samanthasays, Apr 30, 2015.

1. samanthasays

samanthasays Member

Which type Pokémon do you find to be the strongest, water fire grass etc., throughout the game? Overall what type is the most successful at beating the most battles and gym leaders without having to switch out Pokémon?

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Well, it obviously depends on which game you're talking about. I tend to choose the water Pokemon from the beginning, but I still like Electric, Steel, and other types. I don't rely on just one Pokemon throughout the entire game, and that's true of most people.

3. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I always go with water starters solely because I like them more, but I think that fire starters tend to be more powerful overall. As for grass starters, I can't really say that I have much experience with them, but they seem to be really liked across the Internet (Bulbasaur).

4. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

I can't pick just any one pokemon as the strongest. There are certain combo teams that seem to be really strong. For instance, always mixing a grass/poison or a bug/poison type in to a party that has a fighting/water or psychic/ghost type would be an example of one's personal balance. I do digress though, I have a habit of leaning towards psychic and fire types as my pokeparty powerhouses.

5. Fiery

Fiery Member

The Psychic and Fighting are types that are strongest throughout the game. Mewtwo is a Psychic type, and is quite powerful. Psychic types tend to have amazing Special Attack stats, and decent HP, Defense and Special Defense stats. Many Psychic types also have great Physical stats, such as Medicham or Gallade. Psychic types are versatile and can handle multiple Pokemon without problem. Fighting types have amazing Attack stats. Mega Lucario has both amazing Special Attack and Attack stats, that make it very useful in the game, due to it handling multiple threats at once. Both Fighting and Psychic types have a great variety of moves to choose from and a lot of powerful STABs (Same Type Attack Bonus). In conclusion, both the Psychic and Fighting types have a great variety of stats and moves, which make them very powerful, and make them the two of the strongest types throughout the game.

6. Aelfwin1996

Aelfwin1996 Member Regular

I must say Steel. They have many strengths which makes lots of attacks become not very effective. And that is what I like to see. A tank. Get a Steelix or a Skarmory and make them learn a small variety of types and you will survive long.

7. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

Fire starters tend to be more powerful, but if you expect to beat the whole game with just your starter, man, have fun with that! :p The whole game requires a team of various types, not just a fire starter. It really just depends on who you are fighting and what they have to throw in the ring.

8. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

Aren't Dragon types technically the strongest type? They have the fewest weaknesses out of all of the other types, I know that. They're only weak to, I believe, ground, dragon and fairy, right? Those are all fairly uncommon types.

9. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

In my opinion the strongest type among all is the normal one. As far as I remember I guess that only the Fight type was able to be supereffective against it and there aren't much pokemons that are of that type so IMO that would be a good pick but as we know everyone has a counter.

10. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I like psychic Pokemons the best because it reflects my personality. My second best would be fire or fighting types. There isn't one type that's strongest over all-- you build around it actually making your Pokemon stronger the more you use it. But if you ask me though psychic Pokemons are the bomb. :)