Quantcast

Which style of talking do you choose?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age' started by KKrage, Sep 4, 2014.

1. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

What style of talking do you choose?
    I usually choose good/agreeing/humourous options. If I made a new character, I'd probably try out new combinations.
    What do you choose?

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I don't really use a one style what I like to do is put myself in the characters shoes and that how I go, but I would put it in the serious category with maybe some light humor.

3. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member Regular

I am always the bad aggressive type, because I like stirring up trouble in these kinds of games. Nothing better than getting into a fight the goody good characters can avoid! Huzzah.

4. edthebig

edthebig Well-Known Member

Haha what a coincidence those are the ones I use as well. Sometimes I want to change it but I am scared it is going to affect my character.

5. curtclicker

curtclicker Member

I think I bounce between the comedic options and the aggressive ones. Usually in games with a moral compass I end up as neutral, like in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I guess it just depends what type of mood I'm in; one day I'm a nice guy and other days I'm a mean one.

6. beljoe

beljoe Active Member

Sarcastic comments are the most fun option and imo give the most entertaining banter. When in a serious story conversation I prefer the aggressive options as I try to play the role of my rogue who doesn't like to take crap from anyone.

7. imagenscape

imagenscape Well-Known Member

I use whatever I think fits best in the situation depending on how I think the character is feeling at the moment.

8. edthebig

edthebig Well-Known Member

I guess I do that sometimes as well, just try to relate to the character the best I can, but sometimes I like to have some fun.

9. Drellius

Drellius Well-Known Member

I never actually go with a specific style of responding, I usually respond depending on how much I like the character and also depending on whether or not I'd like my character to have a good relationship with them.

10. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I like to choose intelligent and it makes the character look better. As, if the character is arrogant or rude can give a wrong impression to other people and event party members in your group. I choose intelligent as it, gives the character a role of leader who is wise and firm.

11. TheKid

TheKid Member

Like Rmcmage said, I also like to put myself in my characters shoes and then I will make the decision based on what I would do in real life. I enjoy it this way because it makes the game more fun for me since I enjoy role-playing a lot but then again, sometimes you are just in the mood to cause some trouble and then you have to be aggressive:mad:.. Other times your girlfriend might sit next to you and then you are forced to make the good decision. This my friends is why I don't have a girlfriend because I am afraid she will interfere with my games;)

12. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I don't really choose a set style that I follow. Instead, I choose the option that I think fits best the moment, immersing myself into the characters that I play. This applies to all multiple-choice games.

The decisions I make are, however, subjective - if I am pissed off or tired after a long day at work, I'm gonna cause a lot of trouble and fuck shit up. If I'm in a good mood, I make the good decisions.

13. RhondaRoberts

RhondaRoberts Member

It depends on my mood as well as the way I want my character to be played. Generally I choose serious or intelligent. There are times I choose humorous just because I like the comment. I don't think I have ever been aggressive, maybe I should try it?

14. jurew2

jurew2 Active Member Regular

I usually select a more funny talking style with humour, because I love this talking style overall in all games. If I make a more serious looking character, then I try to go for a more serious and scary talking type, which is also quite nice in my opinion. I like to go to the extremes from very serious/scary style of talking to a style that has a lot of humour. The last character that I made was a scary more serious one and I made him talk with low and scary voice, it really suits him.

15. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

For DA and myself, it really just depends upon the situation. Sometimes I respond kindly and other times I prefer to take the more aggressive or jerk-ish option. I'm not a mean guy in real life, but sometimes it's fun to be the mean guy in games!

16. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member Regular

I always try to pick what I would pick in that situation, I usually give the good answers and try to help everyone, but sometimes you need to intimidate some people who deserve it and I give a more aggressive answer.

17. queenbee

queenbee Well-Known Member

Usually, on my first play-through of any game, I play a character who is basically just me. That is, whatever decision I make in the game is probably the decision I would have made myself. For the Dragon Age 2 speech options, that resulted in a fairly competitive toss up between the diplomatic/humorous option, with a few aggressive options occasionally. Overall, I think my alignment switched between diplomatic/humorous many times. On my subsequent playthroughs I devoted a character to each personality so I could explore the range of options.

18. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

It depends on the situation I think. But I always use the option to be more good or agreeing. But If the person I'm talking to is kinda a prick, I choose aggressive option.

19. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I try to remain as neutral as possible at all times, honestly. I try to be pragmatic, too.

20. Jesse93

Jesse93 Member

I think it's funny that I always try to be as nice and polite as possible in the game, because that's how I am in real life. In video games you have the opportunity to be somebody else and put yourself in the shoes of somebody tough and completely different from yourself. But still, I just act like myself.