Quantcast

Which "side" game in the series did you like best?

Discussion in 'Persona 5 Royal' started by niightwind, Jul 24, 2015.

1. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

The Persona series has its main titles that are obviously the focus of the franchise, but there are also those "side" games that people either love or hate. Persona 3: The Night Before, Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Arena Ultimatix, Persona 4: Dancing All Night (which is still upcoming for English release), and Persona Q. There's also a browser-based RPG called Persona Ain Soph.

Which of these side games have you enjoyed the most?
    Personally, my favorites were Persona Q (though the later parts of the game got so dang hard that I almost gave up on it, lol) and Persona 4 Arena Ultimatix.

2. TurningCoffee

TurningCoffee Member

I enjoyed Person 4 Arena Ultimax the most out of all of the side games I played. I'm a big fan of fighting games, and although that's not my favorite fighting game I have a lot of friends that play it, which makes it that much better. It's also got some interesting mechanics which is a plus.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I liked Persona 4 Arena Ultimax since I was able to play as my favorite character Mitsuru. I'm normally not a fan of fighting games all that much, but I figured I would give this a chance and now I like it. I'm going to check out that browser RPG since that sounds more up my alley.

4. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

Ultimatix was definitely great, I agree with you guys 100%! I'm not much of a fighting fan fan myself - only ones I've enjoyed have been this one and Vanguard Princess - but I spent a lot of time on P4AU. When I got it I actually didn't know there was any plot to it, because I didn't play the original Persona 4 Arena. I thought it was just fighting, lmao. I was pleasantly surprised, as the plot it held in story mode ended up being pretty interesting! The new character added in there, Sho Minazuki, was cool too.

I went back and played the first P4A afterwards and had fun with that one too. I probably should have stopped playing P4AU until after I played the first one, because that woulda made more sense, but oh well; I still enjoyed both of the games even though I messed up the order.

5. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

I love it to death. Thought it was gonna suck but the gameplay ended up being rather engrossing and fun. I tried to get into Persona Dancing game but didn't like it at all.

6. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't played P4DAN or PQ because of money reasons, but I'm sure I will enjoy both. However, it's hard to top Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. It's my favorite Persona spin-off AND my favorite fighting game. It's simply perfect for someone that loves Persona and fighting games. I just wish there was a local scene or that I had a good internet connection :/

7. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, that game reminded me of Etrian Odyssey on the DS and while I'm currently engrossed with that game, Q holds a place in a corner of my heart. The dancing game was straight fanservice and I really couldn't care less about it. If I want to play a dancing game, I still have DDR2 Universe.

8. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Well, Persona Q was developed by the Etrian Odyssey team. It is pretty much Etrian Odyssey with a Persona reskin. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's actually pretty awesome!

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is one of the best developer crossover and one of the best fighting games ever made at the same time. Easy to play, hard to master, amazing to play against people. I loved the visual novel type of story not only because I'm a fan of the genre but because it's more of that Persona 4 non-sense and crazy shenanigans, with the arrival of the now adult version of the Persona 3 characters. Awesome roster in general, awesome combat mechanics made by those geniuses at Arc System Works... what's not to love?

Still haven't played Persona Q. I should definitely do something about that sooner or later, but there are soooo many games to play and I can't wait for Persona 5. :p

10. Amilie

Amilie Member Regular

Haven't tried Ultimax but I've played Persona Q and it was really fun. You can choose between the protagonist of P3 or P4 and see the individual stories. The puzzles are okay but some of them near the end is a bit confusing. Overall, I think it's the best side game to the Persona series.

11. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

Personally Im still waiting for Lego Persona 4, Persona 4 Kart Racer and Persona 4 Modern Warfare but out of the side games released my favorite has to be Persona Q. It has served as introduction to the Etrian Odyssey style of games to me. I wanted to like Persona 4 Arena, but Im just not a fan of 2d fighters prefer 3d such as Soul Calibur.