Which side/class did you think had the best story?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by Rocketman, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

So right now I'm about halfway through a Jedi Knight campaign. It seems to tie in pretty closely to the storyline of the earlier KOTOR games. It started off really strong with interesting quests, an antagonist that I wanted to kill really badly, and lots of "feel good moments" but now it's really starting to drag since all my side quests are for the "republic war effort" instead of personal stuff which is a lot less interesting to me. What classes did you play through, how did you feel about their stories, and which ones did you think were the most memorable?

2. BroknKyboard

BroknKyboard Well-Known Member

I haven't tried out all classes on both sides, but I generally liked the Empire classes' story-lines better, although the full-on dark side route features less of the so-called 'personal stuff' for those classes.

3. MrFreshh

MrFreshh Well-Known Member

I really loved the Sith Warrior story. I've never been one to play the evil story lines a whole lot, but this particular story line really drew me in. I could really identify with my character, and getting betrayed time after time kept me wanting my revenge. The missions were so well thought out. There were plenty of great twists as well, wouldn't have expected to become the wrath of the emperor and getting to work with the hand of the emperor. Completing the different chapters always left me feeling both satisfied and hungry for the next one.

4. jesuitical

jesuitical Well-Known Member

I loved the Knight story. Playing as a (dark) jedi was pretty sweet. I also liked the Trooper, chasing after enemies who used to be your comrades.

5. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Empire all the way! Seriously, it seems a lot cooler than the light side.

6. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

The Sith side stories are 10x better. They made the Jedi's story so... baby. I mean you get dark side points for lying?? It's pretty dumb to me.

7. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

The first act of the Smuggler is great, but after that the story falls off.
    Overall I think the best story is the Agent one, followed by the Bounty Hunter so I'd say the Empire has got the best stories.

8. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

Join the dark side, we have cookies :p
    Seriously though, following the path of Sith or become a dark jedi seems to be a lot more fun and interesting in games. Or maybe that's just me.

9. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

I've only tried the Bounty Hunter and the Agent on the Empiree side, is the Inquisitor and Warrior story worth going back and replaying the game?

10. Brady2121

Brady2121 Well-Known Member

The Empire has better overall stories! My favorite is the IA. I love the idea of being undercover and handling secret affairs. The Sith Warrior also has an excellent story!

11. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have to agree that Empire had a much better storylines overall. Sith and Empire stories dealt with a more harsh perspectives of life where there's ambition and more range of emotions expressed. Jedi on the other hand played too much on the reinforcement of the Jedi Code which didn't really engage me that much. There's a constant 'tediousness' to the storyline because of that.

12. Stoyanow

Stoyanow Member

The Sith Warrior (with a Light Side) storyline is by far the best one in the game. Plus, the class is pretty epic as well. The Jedis are poorly portrayed in this game, in my opinion.

13. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm all about the Dark Side man that's why I got the game in the first place. The path of the Sith is really cool and being a Dark Jedi/Warrior has always attracted me. They have better equipment, ships and storyline cause they have that Empire money brah.

14. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Sith is the best side. I am with everyone else. Loved the sith warrior quest line. Kept me playing for awhile.