Which professions do you think will be the most useful?

Discussion in 'ArcheAge Crafting' started by Lilyaa, May 15, 2014.

1. Lilyaa

Lilyaa New Member

There are 21 professions in the game at the minute (that I know of, correct me if I'm wrong!)

Alchemy, Cooking, Weaponry, Carpentry, Metalwork, Leatherwork, Tailoring, Handicrafts, Construction, Machining, Commerce, Farming, Husbandy, Masonry, Gathering, Logging, Mining, Printing, Fishing, Larceny, Composition

Which ones do you think will be the most useful & the strongest? Do you have any plans for which ones you'll be focusing on first? I'm loving the massive range of professions and goods that can be crafted; but the choice is almost overwhelming so I'm wondering if any professions have clear advantages, or if anyone has a game plan for them.

2. Ed1fan

Ed1fan Member

Cooking will be at the top of almost any game out there that allows it, everyone has to eat. Getting into construction and others that are similar would be my next guess.

3. Wynnie

Wynnie Member

I'm assuming, especially in the very beginning of the game, that the gathering professions are going to be the most lucrative. With a huge rush of new players, EVERYONE is going to need mats to level all the other crafting professions. And even after games have been running a while, everyone still always needs mats. So I'm thinking mining, fishing, logging etc. There are a lot to choose from though!

4. Rizzio

Rizzio Active Member

I wonder what the alchemy skill is going to look like. Since this is a sand box game I guess I would try whatever skill that allows you to build. I love the idea of changing the world around you. Now, for productivity and a nice rack in would have to be any of the gathering supplies. Wynnie put it nicely.

5. askanison

askanison Well-Known Member

I am a musician so i am intrigued by the Compositon skill. I can't wait to see how the song writing process actually works. I can see making a character who is akin to a traveling bard and making quite a bit of money from my craft.

2 people like this.
  6. Mystasia

Mystasia Member

That sounds awesome! How did that work out for you? I wish I had thought of that. How hard was it to create?