Quantcast

Which platform do you play Skyrim on?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by Sam, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Sam

Sam Member

And why did you choose to play on the platform? For example, "I play on PC because of the modding support".

2. Skycube

Skycube Member

I play on my Laptop for its portability and the option to adjust graphics and of course the mods. The mods easily add on an extra 50 hours of play time. I honestly don't foresee myself stop playing this game for the next 10 years. Sure, I will take breaks, but I always come back and start a new build.

3. digitalsatori

digitalsatori Active Member

I play on PC because of the modding support. And the better graphics. And the better interface. And the better controls.

<-- totally a PC-master-race'er. ;)

I used to be a huge console gamer fan before I got in to PCs. But I can't really see a console being able to handle my favorite types of games very well.

4. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member Regular

I play on PC for the mods, and because controllers hurt my hands. And lets face it, you rarely play Skyrim for 20 minute intervals, it's always for hours at a time, so comfort is important to me.

5. Nolan Watt

Nolan Watt Well-Known Member

I play on xbox because that way I can lay back on the couch and just relax without having to worry about sitting upright.

6. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

PC seems the logical choice for RPG's. Modding and customizability is where the PC shines when it comes to RPG's. Also, I find playing with a hand controller really awkward and not precise.

7. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I went from the Xbox 360 to the PC for Skyrim. I don't mind playing either version, though.

8. Obvcynicae

Obvcynicae Member

I play Skyrim on a PC, though, admittedly, I have a laptop PC (as I have not been able to confidently invest in and build my own desktop quite yet). I prefer it because like many others have mentioned before it, it has support for mods--and mods are, in my opinion, quite important to playing Skyrim.

9. Michelle

Michelle Well-Known Member

I play on PC. I don't own a console so it's my only choice. It seems that the controls for consoles are far easier to handle, and my only complaint with Skyrim is the weird controls (but that might be personal preference). I watched a Youtube tutorial on lockpicking and the guy made it sound so easy, come to find out he was on a console and I couldn't duplicate his technique on the PC.

10. krab007

krab007 Member

Currently Xbox, but I'm hoping to save up for a gaming PC after Summer so I can play Oblivion and Skyrim with mods.

11. xSentaru

xSentaru Member

I chose to play it on PC not because of the graphics, but because of the easier controls and maybe because I've got lucky and snagged Skyrim for as low as a pack of cigarettes. Also, let's not forgot about modding. Bring a whole new perspective to the game after you finish it and start messing around with the mods, haha.

12. samanthasays

samanthasays Member

I choose to play on my PS3 mainly because that's the console I have. It's nice to be able to lay on the couch, relax and play. I would however like to play on PC in the future simply because of all of the customization options and the simpler controls.

13. Rholm

Rholm Member

I originally played on the Xbox 360, but I ported over to PC for the mod support and graphical capabilities. I personally find that the use of the console commands on PC are also highly beneficial when I just want to play around within the game, and perhaps spawn an army composed of giants, mammoths, and crabs. The possibilities are practically endless.

14. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I played it on my PC, the very first game I played with a new PC.

15. Aladar

Aladar Well-Known Member

PC, because keyboard and mouse beats everything. Also mods, and the graphics are obviously the best from the three platform, even without modding them.

16. devonbomer

devonbomer Active Member

the first time I played was on Xbox. I found PC to be my favorite because I found out that I love using a mouse and keyboard way better than a joystick on a controller! The controllers always felt so limited, which is why I can't even picture playing cs:go or Minecraft for a console!

17. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

Like you said, I play on PC for all of the mods that the game has, plus it looks better on PC then consoles..

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

PC Only, as I feel like the controls are much better and I like the mods, which the consoles lack.
    The gameplay is also much more enjoyable on this platform.

19. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori Member

I played it on my Xbox first, because shouting "Fus-ro-dah" at my Kinect sounded appealing. :D I then switched to PC for the reasons mentioned above: superior graphics and modding support.

ellie likes this.
  20. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing Skyrim on a PC. I previously played it on the X-Box 360. I much prefer playing it on the PC because I can use all the awesome mods, and even without the mods the game looks better then it ever did on the X-Box.