Which is the best OS

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by tony, Dec 21, 2016.

1. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am currently using Windows 7 the only operating system I have ever used and being that no issues there haven't been any need for a change. Agreed, I have heard about other different OS like Windows XP, Windows 10 and so on. I haven't really had any experience with these. I'd like to know which of the OS would you recommend for a PC.

2. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

It's hard to rule out one OS as the best over the others. However, some applications and softwares may come with specifications for an OS. Most recent softwares require windows 10. Windows 8 is a little bit complicated but it's advanced while windows 10 is a combination of 7 and 8. It's good to upgrade from time to time but it's not necessary. All OS work just fine.

3. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't know how true I heard Windows 10 was going to be the last of the Windows OS by microsoft. What I can suppose that to mean is another kind of OS other than the windows will be developed

4. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

If everything were put in a vacuum and there were no prices or anything like that and it all worked, I would say Mac is probably the best, but I am just used to PC at this point, so I stick with it.

5. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Interesting to know that Mac could be that good. I haven't use this OS and don't know how the experience is with it. Maybe you can explain some of the features and outlook of Mac OS.