Which Guild Wars 2 Profession Are You?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by Raiyoku, Dec 15, 2011.

?

Which Guild Wars 2 Profession Are You?

1. Mesmer

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Engineer

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Thief

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Guardian

14 vote(s)
    23.3%
  5. Necromancer

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. Ranger

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  7. Warrior

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Elementalist

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Majestic

Majestic Boo

Ew who wants a gun lol
    mesmer need MORE votes.

2. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

Elementalist is looking pretty nice. Was appealing in GW1 and just as appealing in GW2. I think ranger will also be really fun for a ranged class especially after they rework the pets.

3. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

One thing to point out is the least played classes are sometimes the most desirable. If people want to make a diverse team for pve challenges they will often want the unique buff from one class or another.

So for example there are only so many warrior shouts before your support buff becomes redundant. I'm noticing the engie looks less chosen so it could get buffs down the road. Dunno how much of a factor that will be in GW.

4. Deezy

Deezy Best in the World

I'm usually drawn to melee/support characters so naturally I was drawn to Guardian, but after the reveal of the Mesmer I'm really torn between Guardian or Mesmer. It's that age old stick with something I'd feel right at home with or tempt fate and try something completely brand new.

Mesmer with a great sword looks badass. :p

5. Rin Aki

Rin Aki New Member

I know how you feel there Deezy, I was torn between Guardian and Thief for quite a while. And when I played the Thief at Eurogamer I loved it immensely. But I also got to play 15 minutes of the Guardian and loved that too :D.

It ultimately comes down to what playstyle you prefer. Myself, I prefer to be able to charge into the thick of battle and start causing havoc. Plus, a part of me wants to carry the spirit of my main in GW1 (a Warrior/Ritualist) over to GW2 and the only profession that really fits is the Guardian,so my choice was clear in the end.

You need to decide what you think you will have most fun doing. As this will be the character you will play the most. If you prefer melee and support, then I would choose Guardian. After all, you can always make a second char and make it a Mesmer. My second will be Thief ;). And chances are I will play with my second char almost as often as my main.

At the end of the day, it's a decision only you can make. My advice would be to stick with what you enjoy the most and have a second favourite for when you fancy doing something different.

1 person likes this.
  6. lolwut

lolwut Well-Known Member

I want a mesmer only because of the great sword srs.

yeah i agree on having a second character, you'll get burnt out if you limit yourself to one.. at least for me

7. Harley

Harley New Member

I'm split between necromancer and elementalist, but I think there will be way to many elementalists, so I'll probably pick necro

1 person likes this.
  8. Orien

Orien Member

I'm really excited for the engineer. The backpack kits and toolbelt abilities seem to really give it its own distinct feel and style.

I also can never resist a good rogue type of character and Thief looks pretty cool with the shadowstep abilities and the unique ability to steal environmental weapons.

But..... I have a nagging urge to roll a Norn Ranger just so I can be one of these!

[​IMG]

My first character will probably be a melee and then I'll roll a caster for my second. I always like to roll melee first for some reason.

9. Majestic

Majestic Boo

Bumping! ^^

10. Kayde

Kayde Member
    Staff Member

Mesmer all the way ... Who needs anything but cloness

11. Chaosx

Chaosx Active Member

So many Fantasic professions to choose from!! It was a tough decision between Mesmer, Necro, and Elementalist for me, but finally decided on Elementalist. So many cool abilities!

12. Lanka

Lanka Member

oh wow so many people choosing guardian! I'm game :D

13. Fallbreaker

Fallbreaker Director of Operations

I didn't realise that the Necro was so popular D: I actually really don't like it :\

14. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Didnt you hear? The necro is so awesome, that it's getting a nerf before the game even comes out! lol

15. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

I'm going to roll with an Asura Guardian, a little guy, with big defensive capabilities!

16. Cathhstix

Cathhstix New Member

Thieef, Ofcourse!

17. Keegen

Keegen Member

Going to be starting as a Warrior, who know what I'll be ending as. :p

1 person likes this.
  18. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

Definitely going with the warrior as a main being that they have so many different ways to play them with weapon options. Thief and Engineer I will also be checking out.

19. Freelong

Freelong Member

lol... guardian really? Though that it would be the mesmer or the engineer.

20. Zyos

Zyos Active Member

Elementalist all the way! Nothing like running towards a group of enemies and hearing that squishy sound with every step.. then hearing the pew pew :)