Quantcast

Which Final Fantasy was your favorite?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by dieselfit, Dec 15, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfit Active Member

I loved Final Fantasy but honestly I didn't play anything after FF10 or 11, so I am far behind! I'm not sure which one is popular these days but mine has to be FF8 or 9 because I remember playing it and beating it. It was so fun. Which one is your favorite?

2. DepecheChode

DepecheChode Member

FFIX is the best one IMO. I actually listen to the soundtrack a lot. The characters in IX really do it for me, y'know what I mean? They're funny when they need to be, and it gets really serious sometimes so it's not all goofy all the time. Kuja is one of my favorite villains in any game period.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would say FF 7 even though it was not my 1st FF game played, but I really enjoyed the story I would love to see an HD remake.

4. TeHDruiD

TeHDruiD Member

FF 7 for me as well. I thought the story line was fun to follow, the love/hate between Cloud and Tifa always kept my attention and also the ability to use a ton of characters was appealing to me in the sense that you could create any party you wanted and understanding which set of characters gave me the best chance

The world was massive, the side quests were extremely time consuming and difficult and also the appeal of being Emerald and Ruby Weapon was something that made me commit wholeheartedly to this game. I feel overall it was a pretty easy game, but at the same time it was hours and hours of enjoyment that featured a story line that wasn't farfetched and made sense

I also loved FF 8, but only because of Triple Triad. I could play that game for hours on end, it was more fun than actually completing the story line. The other thing I liked was the more you leveled up, the harder the game got which is a complete role reversal than what we're used to on RPG's as usually higher level = easier fights

5. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

While FF7 holds a special place in my heart being the first FF game I have played, FFIII is the most memorable, thus making it my favorite FF game. FFIII is a really solid RPG marred by an impossibly unforgiving final dungeon, in which you have to battle through a gauntlet of difficult bosses with no save points in sight. Die once and you could have to redo hours of progress. :mad: But because of that, it makes it the most memorable game as it makes you feel good after finishing the game, kinda like a special achievement of some sort. :D

6. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I think IX is by far the best the series has to offer, at least when it comes to the modern, 3D, post-FF7 games.

But I must admit, I haven't actually played through FFII-FFVI... but FFI is simply awful, that game did not age well!

7. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy VI will always be my favorite. The story was epic, the soundtrack was amazing, and the characters were memorable.

8. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy XI. Which is why I still play. The story is awesome and the friends made there will last a lifetime. :)

9. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I've played FF7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, and 13-2 and FF8 was the one that got me hooked the most. I loved the story, character design, gameplay, and everything. I just love the premise or settings of FF8 over all the other in the series. My second favorite is FF10, and FF7 third.

10. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

I don't remember the name of it but I liked the one where you traveled to the island where bananas are illegal and that one fellow kills your dad.

11. Nickmandelson

Nickmandelson Member

6 is definitely my favorite. It tried to 1-up its predecessors in every way, and it pretty much succeeded. 4 comes pretty close, though.

12. Yoyoenix91

Yoyoenix91 Member

My favorites are a tie between IX and XII. IX was my first foray into Final Fantasy, and XII was when I fell deeply in love with the series. I loved the open-world aspect of XII, and the game play was addictive, at least for a person like me.

Ironically, I've never beaten any entries within the franchise.

13. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Haha, have you done this thing where you reach the final boss but then stop playing for no reason at all? Because I did that when I was younger with 7, 8 and 9...

14. Yoyoenix91

Yoyoenix91 Member

Nah, it's more a case of me getting sidetracked with another game altogether, usually around 1/2 way through the game. xD

15. DepecheChode

DepecheChode Member

I got to the last boss in 9 and lost the 2nd and 4th disk of course. It was a sad day when I realized that.

16. montreal176

montreal176 Active Member

ff7 was the best to me but i never beat it. Very fun game i just dont have the time

17. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

It's a tough choice between FF 8 and 9. Let's first take this out of the way: I love FF7. But I like 8 and 9 more. I don't know. Maybe it's just that I wasn't too gripped by the hyper pixelated graphics of 7. Anyhoo, FF8 took the series to whole new heights by introducing jaw dropping cinemas and large in-game characters. FF9 on the other hand presented cute characters and relaxing places that were full of wonder. Hmm, I won't pick. I think it's a tie between the two.

18. RaidAurora

RaidAurora Well-Known Member

I loved Final Fantasy 10 as one of the greatest games I'd ever played. I really appreciate the kind of fantasyscape it painted, and the tragic plot and ending were enough for me to remember it for the rest of my life. Sincerely, one of the most heartfelt experiences I've taken away from gaming.

19. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

Final Fantasy 6 was my most memorable of the series. Mind you, I stopped at 7. Final Fantasy 6 had memorable characters, interactions, story and music. It was the one game I have spent countless hours on in my childhood that got me interested in console RPG's. Though I had played Mystic Quest prior to that and fell in love, I preferred FF6's overall.

20. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

My favorite Final Fantasy game is Final Fantasy IX. The story is something that immersed me, the mini-games were fun, and it wasn't an entirely overly talked about game like others in the Final Fantasy franchise.