Quantcast

Which Elder Scrolls Game felt...

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by tinybutnotfangless, Mar 19, 2014.

1. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

Which of the many ES games did you feel you were most immersed in or the most memorable experience? To give you the list of ES games ever made:

- ES Arena
    - ES Daggerfall
    - ES Battlespire
    - ES Redguard
    - ES Morrowind
    - ES Oblivion
    - ES Skyrim

For me, Morrowind did it for me. It wasn't the best ES game in my opinion, but the world, the politics, the stories and quests made me feel like that was the place to be that made the ES experience fulfill itself.

How about you?

2. sidd230

sidd230 Well-Known Member

For me it was Oblivion. There maybe some nostalgia factor but Skyrim felt so shallow. Quests had much more depth in Oblivion.

3. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Morrowind for me as well. When I first fired up that game, I was instantly pulled in the gorgeous and detailed game world. I never played an ES games before Morrowind and when I first played it, I could not believe that such a gaming feat was even possible. I then went on to spend a whopping 2 months playing that game every day, as much as I could until I explored everything and finished every little side quest and story. And for the record, I think the Nerevarine is much more awesome then Dovahkiin. (Although I also like Skyrim a lot) :D

tinybutnotfangless likes this.
  4. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Out of these I've only played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and none of them felt immersive. Ain't no game gonna feel immersive with them animations and combat.

5. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member Regular

Mother-freaking Morrowind.

Without making a disparaging comment about the games that came after, there was something magic about being in that open world, for the first time after you get off the prison boat. Graphics aside, the world seemed more real. More believable, rather.

I recall the first time I used the hop-toad spell and of course not casting feather fall before I hit the ground. The game mechanics just seemed to fit better, seamlessly traveling into cities and being able to jump from rooftop to rooftop.

Overall, the mechanics of the game made it so much more believable.

tinybutnotfangless likes this.