Which do you prefer, Nvidia or AMD?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by loserman778, Sep 1, 2013.

1. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

I will have to go with Nvidia. All of the pc's I've gone through for some reason have all had Nvidia. So I have no experience at all with AMD. Besides I just think nvidia is cooler AND they are ahead. I needed technical support once and they were incredible and reliable, even sending me an item when mine wasn't working and wasn't really on time for a warranty.

2. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

How are they cooler and ahead? I don't call cramming bloatware down out throats and making it the only way to get current driver updates very cool.

3. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

I may simple be biased because I've only used Nvidia and have great support from them. Not only that the products I do use perform great and works well.

Also as of last year Nvidia products have simply been more popular and SEEM to give better performance. Again this is biased since I have no AMD products. Also for Nvidia you really don't have to install the "bloatware" as you call it. You can just install the drivers off the website and thats it.

[​IMG]

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like Nvidia more because they usually keep temperatures and noise low with their video cards. Also they have better driver support but that's recently changing since I've heard AMD is doing some good things.

5. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Yes you can, but you cannot get the most current drivers that way. To get the most current drivers Nvidia requires you to install and use Geforce Experieince. They have provided no other path to get current driver updates and are intentionally steering users away from web site updates. Geforce Experience is a bloated piece of crap.

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am fine with either Nvidai or AMD at games. I find that Nvidia seems to be more common, so I may tend to go with that.

7. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I use both Nvidia and AMD since I own three computers. I find it hard to compare them since it's like comparing MAC and PC. Nvidia is the best for speed and compatibility but AMD has it's unique features. I'm the curious type and I always try to get the best out of everything that's why I can't stick to one.

8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

In terms of performance Nvidia is consistently on top. I agree with that at @ptahm22 Nvidia being the best for speed relatively.

9. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm using an Nvidia graphic card now but I was using an AMD before. The reason I switched was the card was like a monster when it comes to consuming power, and it didn't perform quite well. As for my Nvidia card now, I never had any problems so far. I might buy another Nvidia in case I need an upgrade.

10. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

It appears Nvidia is most preferred I'm a bit surprise at that. Thought it would have be a stiff match between Nvidia and AMD

11. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always use Nvidia as my graphic controller for my pc, it's just because all the pc's i played with are mostly Intel chips. I have nothing against AMD, it's just that i am more comfortable with the hardware that i am aware of. Although i have encountered some problems before like compatibility and some heat problems. Nvidia's support platforms always have a solution that helps me.

12. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

NVIDIA seems to be able to be compatible with most games that I have played, so I would go for NVIDIA as well.

13. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

AMD specs seems to be good. But the dedicated graphics remains with the Nvidia. And they are very good at what they do. So not going to argue on that point.