Which Console is minecraft best on?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by sorrowscall, Aug 12, 2015.

1. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

((The answer to this question may help me choose my next console system)). Lately, I've been wanting to play Minecraft, but I keep thinking about whether I should play it on a console or the PC. Alot of PC's go really slow and so I don't feel like having a secondary reaction speed as compared to an immediate action following it's selection, which I can and have come to expect in consoles. I still want to show off my work and help other Minecraftians though...so the console needs to also do that.

2. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

PC or bust, in my opinion. As long as you don't get one that is like 20 years old, you shouldn't have all that much problem playing Minecraft. And once you get used to the interface, it's not that slow. As far as I know, the multiplayer in console Minecraft is a bit less robust than PC's Minecraft. (You would need to pay for either Xbox Gold or PS+, I'm 95% sure. PC multiplayer is obviously free.) Also, on the PC, Minecraft updates far more frequently, and offers mod support.

3. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Well-Known Member

PC all the way, like West said, mod support and more updates. the game is so much bigger on the PC, and as long as you don't buy a 10 year old PC you should be able to run it fine.

4. Snakevenom

Snakevenom Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's gotta be PC. Firstly it has objectively more content, the controls are better and it runs better (depending on your machine) and secondly mods are what keeps the game alive, adding more content to the game is basically the only thing keeping me playing.

5. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely PC. It has the most content out of all the consoles, and the numerous mods are the reason MC became as popular as it is today.

You can also use custom skins on PC, while on consoles they are handled as DLC. I prefer the original PC version even to the new Windows 10 version, even though it runs 10 times better.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely PC, as the people above already stated. You have so many extra features that aren't present on consoles it's not even funny. Playing on PC is outright better and you should definitely think about it. It's simply not worth it to invest money into consoles.

7. foodal

foodal Member

If we're talking about consoles only, then Xbox One takes it.

8. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

PC if you have literally anything better than a cinderblock, the consoles are nice and a good thing If you don't have acess to PC, but nothing can beat the mods man.

9. tasxx

tasxx Active Member

PC all the way. I did buy minecraft for the Xbox 360 because at the time I thought it would be interesting to play with more friends that you already know instead of starting out on a server by your self. I think that the slow updates and the small map sizes on the xbox really makes it not worthwhile.

10. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

PC. Bigger maps, bigger communities, mods.

11. cabrannon529

cabrannon529 Member

Minecraft offers a very similar experience on all consoles (Playstation vs. Xbox) right now, however, keep in mind that Microsoft bought Minecraft. What does Microsoft make? The Xbox. The only logical conclusion to make is that sometime in the future, Microsoft will be adding Minecraft exclusives only available on Xbox. I'd say Xbox for that reason.

12. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I really would rather have the PC over any console in Minecraft. It just feels right when playing on a PC with keyboard controllers to me. Plus, it seems bigger and just more vast.

13. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely PC. You can install mods and there are many servers, maps and also a very big community. Mods are the best.

14. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

People choose consoles for the nicety of sitting on a couch, a bed, on the floor, etc. It gives a better 'gaming experience' in the most traditional sense of it. It also generally have nicer games if we're talking about arcade, platformers, action shooters, racing, etc. However, it totally sucks when it comes down to patching, upgrades, modding because console games are not easily tweakable. PC games on the other hand are.

On PC, if you want a new MC skin, what do you do? Open up your browser, search for MC skins, download it and then have it upload on the site. All the while, MC is in the background. If you want a new resource pack, same thing, very easy to switch to it while in-game. You want to look up info about MC, go to a website while you're playing MC.

On console, you need to take out your phone or tablet or laptop, search the information, while MC is on the tv. You need to download a skin? No idea how you do that with console. Need a new resource pack? Console seems like a convulated way to achieve the same things you can with a PC.

15. ChromeBerd

ChromeBerd New Member

PC is definetly the way to go. Especially when it comes down to the overall look of the game.

16. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer playing Minecraft with my laptop. It actually doesn't require really high power or latest technology computer to run Minecraft. In my opinion the gaming experience is far more better with PC than with any console.

17. Necrotica

Necrotica Active Member
    Regular

PC is the best in this case. I have the Xbox 360 version, and it really sucks due to a lack of many of the PC game's features.

18. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I say PC since it makes running around and managing your own server much smoother as well as for the mods. I haven't been really sold on having Minecraft on the consoles since it would mean stuff would have to be cut in order for it to work properly on there.

19. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

PC. Even though I play on an Xbox One, that's only because I got the game free.

20. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hands down PC. Mods and control- can't get those on a regular console. I never saw the reason why Minecraft needed a general console port honestly.