Quantcast

Which console did Square make the best games?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by lindbergh, Jan 17, 2015.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

Square has been around since the NES days. It's where they released their super popular Final Fantasy series. But which console did Square produce/release thier best games? I think that they have released their best games back in the days of the PlayStation. They had a lot of classics back then highlighted by Xenogears and Final Fantasy 7. They followed up their work with FF8 and FF9 and other amazing games such as Parasite Eve and Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross. What do you think?

2. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

I think the most popular games were on the PS1. FF7, FF8 and FF9 were really big hits that a lot of fans still like to this day. The NES and SNES games were good, but they don't have as much of a following.

3. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

PS1/PS2. Sure 1 saw more game releases, but PS2 era established Kingdom Hearts and the continuation of FF, ect.

4. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

Playstation had some amazing games, FF7, 8, and 9 were simply amazing and you add to them all the rereleases of the earlier FF titles and Tactics and you've easily got yourself the winner. Thats not to say they didn't make some AMAZING titles for the SNES, I mean Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger will forever be two of my favorite JRPGs, its just so many great games were released on the PS1 by Square that I cant go against it.