Where to buy it cheap?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by theGIJST, Jul 17, 2015.

1. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

Is there any site that's selling Guild Wars 2 for an affordable price? The official price is too expensive, and the game is quite old, to be honest. I'd love to try it out but I'm not willing to give so much money that they're charging for the game. I usually don't like MMO games, since they are repetitive, the quests are bad and the combat is horrible. I like real-time combat, where I am the one fighting. I hate when games let me just press a button and watch the fight with no control whatsoever. However, Guild Wars 2, judging by the game-play videos, has a very nice combat system, and as far as quests go, I don't know.

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Guild Wars is definitely a must play for any RPG fan. It is absolutely nothing like any other MMO and you cannot really get bored playing it. Google up G2A Marketplace and you might find a nice price at that site.

3. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I think the only way for you to actually get it for a cheaper price would be to either go to discount game sales sites, or buy it from another person for, like, 30% off the price. But do you really want to complicate things for a few more bucks? Just pay their price and you'll feel great! :)

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

5. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Just a tip: don't ever buy the GW2 key on a store that isn't listed in the official retail list on the GW2 official site. I made this decision one time to purchase a key on G2A and after a week I got my account banned because apprently that key was stolen or something and I wasted 20$!

tinybutnotfangless likes this.
  6. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Generally it's safer to purchase from the developer or places that are trustworthy like amazon. There's sales all the time for the game.

7. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't trust sites like AllKeyShop because them and sites like G2A have been known to sell stolen keys or keys from another country, such as Russia or China. Right now, there is a sale at GMG: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=dihocefu

Guild Wars 2 is selling for $29.99, but it seems they are out of stock for Steam keys. However, when they have stock again, GMG usually have coupons you can use. If you have other games in mind, you can use the following coupon at their store:

SAVE23-WITHGM-GAUG15

8. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is interesting, could you share what store was that? I bought a boxed copy before the release, but some of my friends have used online retailers. As far none of them got banned, but knowing it's a possibility I wish I knew which stores to avoid.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know that and I know their reputation is not the best, but I purchased a lot of games from G2A and I didn't have any problems whatsoever. reddit.com/r/gamedeals is also a good place to start.

10. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I bought it on G2A but I don't remember the guy from where I bought it. Anyway if they bought it from the official retailers they won't occur in any problem.

11. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thanks.
    How exactly can someone illegally obtain a bunch of cd-keys to sell? This is something I don't really understand. Hacking?

12. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you head over to the GOG forums, a lot of people have been scammed out of their keys during trade deals. So it basically works like this:

1. People post in a Trading Games thread at a forum.
    2. Scammer and a person connects.
    3. Scammer makes a story that tells other person that s/he was scammed before and need that person to send him/her the key first.
    4. Other person sends that scammer the keys.
    5. Scammer disappears.

Another way is 'hacking' into the account of a person who has access to Steam or another digital retailer. Using that account, buy games, then resell those keys before the bank or Paypal tries to reverse the sale.

13. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Some times it is not their fault. What happens is they buy the key from a player, and then after a few weeks, the player files a petition and has the account restored to them. This happens all the time in WOW. if you are the original owner of an account and have all your ducks in a row, you can sell your account to one of the illegal sites, then when they sell it to a customer, you can file a petition at Blizzard and they will return the account to you. To the second player, they assume the store was the one who scammed them.

There are many forum posts about doing this. It is a good thing though because it makes people hesitent to buy full accounts.

14. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thanks for the insight. Is there any way to save yourself from being scammed? The stolen keys sellers can't be that stupid to put them for sale with a ridiculously low price, they would stand out too much, so how do I know if they key I buy comes from the legal source?

15. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Great news, with the new expansion the base game has become free to play so no need to drop money on the game if you wanna try it out. HoT comes packaged with the base game so if you want the expansion then there's that option as well.

16. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

Do NOT, under any circumstances, buy a key from a website or retail store NOT listed on the official GW2 website. Why? because nine times out of ten, those keys are either invalid or stolen, and when you enter the code in the game, the game doesn't recognise it as a legitimate key, making it useless and making you, the player, lose 20$ for absolutely nothing.