Where do you hide your goodies?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by mrmatthew2k, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member
    Regular

What I would do is hide them under an artificial pool of lava. That can be accessed by making a tunnel that goes to the room hidden under the pool. Really efficient and no sane person would go there.

2. obliviousme

obliviousme Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually hide them at some random places that i would remember but it's definitely not in my house. That would be the very first place they'll look for the goodies.

3. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

Unless you use ender chests or putting a lot of trap or dummy chests and hide your main chest, your only choice is to have a mod installed that gives chest ownership! I did that for my world just to avoid the trolls since I once had a public but small server.

4. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Anywhere but in your house. I usually use underwater but it depends on where you are playing and how likely people are to be looking for your stuff.

5. dblanch

dblanch Member
    Regular

I usually build a ridiculously deep, dark cave hidden somewhere in the desert. I try to cleverly disguise it with sandstone blocks arranged in the same way that the world randomly generates them. So far, no one's found it, which makes me proud.

6. userbutnotloser

userbutnotloser Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hide my secret goodies in my room where there is a secret cupboard behind a painting and nobody knows that except me.I had many secret things to hide there.

7. ToneyWatermeloney

ToneyWatermeloney Active Member
    Regular

in a chest under my bed usually ;)

8. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's really good place to hide the goodies.

9. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would also try hiding it under my chest. :D

10. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like to create elaborate and annoying traps that make it seem like I hid stuff in one place, but really it's behind a block or buried slightly. I have been looted too many times to make simple hiding places...everything must be elaborate.

11. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member
    Regular

Honestly, just find a harmless spot a a hundred blocks away from the center of your house, dig a few blocks down and place a chest, then just cover it up. I think one of the biggest problems is that players want to over complicate it when the fact is, unless your friends are using mods, they won't be able to find the chest if you did what I mentioned above. Otherwise, just use an ender chest.

12. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would like to think that I have gotten better at hiding my things throughout the years, but the truth is is that I know that still need a lot of work here. I need to get back to the game.

13. Flaming_Dorito

Regular

i find a small lake or an ocean and go underwater and dig a small i block hole and put my chest there. Then its practically undetectable.

14. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always jump in to the middle of a pond and dig all the way to bedrock. After that, I use ladders to get back up and build a fake tree at the top :).

#74 Belovedad, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  15. Flaming_Dorito

Regular

That seems like it takes a lot of time, and it would take a lot of time to go there and access your chest every time as well. Highly inefficient in my opinion.

16. Belovedad

Regular

It doesn't take long. I just dig straight down. Also, I only keep the most valuable things there and I only do it on servers.

17. Flaming_Dorito

Regular

Dude, thats not safe at all. If you have valuables and your digging straight down there are a hundred things that could go wrong... There could be a cavern you fall into, or lava. You would die and lose everything. Never dig straight down

18. Belovedad

Regular

You gotta have faith. But yeah, I've died countless times doing it but I don't do the initial digging with my items on me haha.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that more and more that I played the more I got worse at hiding things, just because of a lack of fear I guess. That is really when you start to get into trouble though.