Where do you hide your goodies?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by mrmatthew2k, Jul 16, 2014.

1. mrmatthew2k

mrmatthew2k Active Member

I need more places to look in my friends world. So where do you hide your real good stuff? Do you have any secret doors? Or do you have your stuff covered in stone?

2. misterchees0

misterchees0 Member

The thing about minecraft is how easy it is to access something, even if it isn't yours. You just take a pickaxe to the wall and it doesn't take to long before you get to somebody's goodies. This can be remedied by simply storing your valuable stuff far away from your base, or hiding it in a super sneaky manner.

You can make fake garbage-disposals with lava that you fall through, right into water. You don't take any damage and nobody in their right mind would jump down just for shits n' giggles. I haven't done it myself, only seen it done by my brother, so I can't really give you a detailed explanation. You might have to google around a bit.

3. ToodShill

ToodShill New Member

Right under the floorboards lol. Just remember the precise block where you hid it and replace it when you're done. No one is going to tear out all of your floor just to see if you put a chest under it.

But if you're looking for someone else's treasure, try checking behind walls adjacent to an outward pointing corner. That's the most popular way to hide piston doors.

And put levers next to paintings and see if you can hear an iron door opening up.

4. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well if I really want to hide something from other players I put stuff away from my house, like hide it under water somewhere where I know no one is going to dig. The last place you want your stuff that you want to keep is in your house. Now this method only applies to servers that don't have some sort of protection setup.

5. misterv520

misterv520 Member

Easy just place all your valuables in an ender chest. Ender chests are linked directly to your account so if your friends are smart then goodluck finding the goods.

6. insertkittyface

insertkittyface Well-Known Member

I usually take chests and hide them somewhere underground near a tree or something, that way I can remember where it is.

7. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Can Ender chests only be opened by your account? I had no idea!
    That seems like the perfect hiding place then, even if they find it they can't get anything.

8. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have a secret basement using a furnace and a crafting bench to unlock it. Pretty neat.

9. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

If they are valuable stuff, then I put them into an Enderchest. It's too bad the Enderchest is so small though. Otherwise, I would have a storage room with a hidden door that can be activated by a nearby pressure plate out of view. The room will go through a series of mechanical animated things that may push me into lava if I am not careful. Though I can bypass all that by switching on a few switches.

10. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hide everything underground where no sane person would think to look for it. It takes a little extra time, but absolutely nobody finds my hidden stashes of items underground anymore.

11. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, my server has a bukkit plugin so admins can open other people's ender chests via a command, but normal players can't use the command and can only access their own ender chests

12. Ram Levy

Ram Levy Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually put it in a chest hidden between walls in my house.

13. Strykstar

Regular

That's a good idea as well, so you have one wall in your house that is three spaces wide with the middle space being empty? Or is just the space with the chest empty?

14. hamz10

hamz10 Well-Known Member

I go a bit underwater and dig inside the dirt and hide it there. No one ever thinks to look in that type of place.

15. Ram Levy

Ram Levy Well-Known Member
    Regular

Lol, very cool idea. I might try it.

16. lex321

lex321 Active Member

I put a piston trap infront of my chest.

17. Strykstar

Regular

That's a cool idea but I'd be afraid to forget the exact place where I hid it and just end up digging the ocean floor and making it even harder for myself.
    Unless you put like a different block above it so you know where to look.

18. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually just dig a hole and make a secret room for my stuff. Normally, in the corner of the house or maybe in the middle, but never in the top ground!

19. Servace

Servace Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always hide mine somewhere under a tree I planted. They will never go near plants!

20. Strykstar

Regular

That's especially true if you don't have your trees neatly planted, otherwise they will clearly see that they were planted by you.

21. Arya

Arya Well-Known Member

For most valuable items, use an enderchest. Otherwise, just set up traps that are pretty well hidden.