What's your favourite MMORPG that everyone hates?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Tibz1337, May 5, 2015.

1. Tibz1337

Tibz1337 Member

Go ahead! Be open! Personally my favourite MMORPG that everyone hates would be Elder Scrolls Online. I have the feeling that everyone hates it but I've always wanted an Elder Scrolls multiplayer game. I know no one liked it because game was subscription based, but now there's no more subscription and I really feel like the game is great!

2. Briggs

Briggs Well-Known Member

The Lord of the Rings games. Seems like no one really cared for them when they first came out.

3. summerforest

summerforest Member

Maple Story has a pretty bad reputation among some folks but I always thought it was pretty cute and relaxing. I guess to be more broad I'd say imported East-Asian MMOs in general. There are a lot of people who turn their noses up at anything developed in South Korea, China, or Taiwan. But I can't really say everyone hates them as every one I've played has had a pretty active playerbase. Of course, many have faded into obscurity or met with sudden shutdowns...

4. jayres

jayres Member

Wildstar. It was basically built for harcore raiders. Anyone playing World of Warcraft way back in the Burning Crusade Era will have an appreciation for it. I really enjoyed it, but it really did not cater to any form of casual play.

5. bogartdelarama

Well, League of Legends. I know it's the most played game, globally, but within my area, only 2 or 3 plays League of Legends out of the 50s of DotA 2.

6. Escoda

Escoda Member

Wow, where do you come from? It's completely the opposite here, everyone has played League of Legends at least once or twice and most people are fairly regular players. Yet no one has heard of DotA 2, whilst admittedly it does have quite the learning curve, you'll be in a couple hundred hours before you even begin to get a good grasp of the game and win some matches without being carried.

7. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Does he maybe mean DOTA? LOL has a huge playerbase, many times more than DOTA2.

I´ve given up on MMORPGs lately. For some reason, the predictability of WOW has finally gotten to me. Probably the only one I really enjoy anymore is DDO, but that is mainly because I play it like a single player game. I think the competitive and endgame nature of MMORPGs makes them to controlled and predictable.

8. Obi

Obi Well-Known Member

Maybe Guild Wars 2? I understand why people don't like it and can agree with some of their complaints, but there's something about it that is just so fun and beautiful, maybe the art style.