What's your favourite companion?

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 Discussion' started by Ishmael, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

And before you ask: no, I haven't finished the game yet. I just want for people to share which one is their favourite companion so far.

I've seen a few I really like and so far for me, believe it or not, Dogmeat is actually the weakest one. And it's weird seeing how much they showed of him in the trailers.
    The one I've liked the most so far is Nick Valentine, the hard boiled detective. He looks a bit like the mysterious stranger and that's maybe why I like him so much. And his design is really cool, especially his face and not to mention his sidequest is really interesting.

What about you guys?

2. dabdab

dabdab Active Member

I love Codsworth, there's just this emotional connection when your companion is one who has been waiting for you for 200 years and his snarky attitude and take on hoarding junk is funny and just makes me love him a little bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

From what I've seen? Dogmeat, just because.. he's dogmeat..

Yeah, I know, I just like dogs a lot. I don't even care if he's weak. But I'm surely going to be pissed if he dies.

Piper is probably my second pick.

1 person likes this.
  4. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

Codsworth. I love the dude. He's not the strongest by far, but I like having him around because he's such a jolly contrast to the world. Put a bowler hat on him and his English accent is empowered by at least one thousand percent.

5. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

He's pretty strong, though! His sawblade is pretty strong and the flamethrower is useful, too!

I've met Piper yesterday and she's cool as a character but not very useful as a companion from what I've seen.

6. KingsBlade

KingsBlade Member

I don't have a favorite so far, I like Piper and Preston a lot, though.

My least favorite has to be Dogmeat. He's stuck with melee only and you can't really talk with him. He doesn't have any opinions on your actions, either. He's pretty boring, and I'm disappointed, because he was shown off a lot in the pre release gameplay.

7. Malturn

Malturn Member

Finished main story yesterday. My favourite companion is cait. She has imo a very interesting backstory and actually shows gratitude and thankfullness for her situation. Also for thievery and lockpicking the best choice/ love interest. Also all the other companions were to buggy for me. She still manages to be helpfull with her shotgun

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

8. Nuka-Cola Girl

Nuka-Cola Girl Active Member

Dogmeat is my favorite. He's my only option beside Codsworth. I'm still looting and obsessed with making Sanctuary better than Diamond City.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't got quite far into the game since I didn't have a lot of time to play, but so far Dogmeat is my favorite.

10. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

DOGMEAT! But then again I'm a sucker for dogs, even more so for German Shepard's! I did like Valentine though, but I just like him because of...who...he is. (I'm trying not to spoil everyone, eep.) I like Codsworth, because hey robot! But he did get on my nerves at times.

11. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

So far, Piper is my favorite companion. Used to be Dogmeat, but there's not really a lot of communication between us, and Piper actually talks and has her own problems and views on things so I find her interesting. Also, you can't really romance Dogmeat (thankfully) and get that sweet Lover's Embrace XP boost.

If you sleep anywhere when your romance partner is nearby, you get a significant experience boost for some time.

12. fairl80z

fairl80z New Member

Piper, hands down . And plus for the wasteland , she's pretty hott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jixcc

Jixcc Member

Dogmeat, but i don't know where it is now, i lost it !

14. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Piper, but Dogmeat is close second and mainly because I love dogs. But, I also hate putting Dogmeat in danger which I know is crazy since he's a virtual dog, but I still grew an attachment to him.

15. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dogmeat is my favorite. Putting dog armor on him is one of the most adorable things in the game. I hope that they would make him more useful in combat, like the other canine companion Riley in Call of Duty: Ghosts.

16. tonidatyga

tonidatyga Member

Just build a dog house and he'll come back.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

17. tonidatyga

tonidatyga Member

I like McCready. He has his own issues that I'm afraid will take him away from me when we resolve them but if I continue to ignore them he reminds me which I think works against my strong bond with him.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  18. tonidatyga

tonidatyga Member

It won't. Work on resolving his issues and it will build up your relationship to the max.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

19. themusicliveson

I don't even know if I can pick my favorite companion. With the exception of Strong and the Institute companion (I'm avoiding spoilers for those who aren't that far into the game), I'm a huge fan of them all. I'm one of those people who romance everyone and just form my own harem of people who are excellent at violence.

I think Deacon, Hancock and McCready are my favorites to travel with. They've all got that mix of sarcastic and nerdy humor that I don't get tired of. And McCready is especially great when you feel like seeing exactly how much stuff you can steal.

2 people like this.
  20. tonidatyga

tonidatyga Member

I started with Dog Meat then got McCready. After that Ada for just a little bit. She got on my nerves though. It seems she is spotted by all enemies. I don't know why. I went back to McCready. I get the Lover's Embrace perk which is nice. I love to steal and he loves that. He's a smart ass which I love. I've had him now for 5 months and although Bethesda's AI is annoying he's going to be with me until the end.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk