Quantcast

What's your favorite town in an RPG game? Why?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by sidd230, Jan 16, 2014.

1. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I love Whiterun in Skyrim. Peaceful and amazing too. I love peaceful towns in the games but don't kill or hurt the chicken or you'll die.

2. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

As far as recent games go, I'm a huge fan of Ishgard from Final Fantasy 14. Fantastic music, that changes based on day/night, beautiful graphics, and it's just a joy to explore. I'm not sure if's my absolute favorite town, but it's the one that came to me first when I read the topic.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I liked Vivec city as well thanks to all the shops there and the fact that the city had different areas for the Great House members. Since I was with the Hlaalu, that means I went to go visit Crassius for my missions...and deal with his sexual harassment in the process:D

Krisibelle likes this.
  4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

I don't know about my favorite, but I hated Traverse Town from Kingdom Hearts.

5. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I take it you played as a female, since I played Hlaalu as well but didn`t get none of those as a male. This is really funny, I didn`t know they did different dialogue for male and female. Cool stuff. :D

6. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Triste from Boku to Mao (Okage: Shadow King) or the first town you see in FFIX. I lean towards Triste however, because it's literally a town for people who have been forgotten by the rest of the entire world.

7. SereneAngel88

I mainly play as a chick in my games. However I'm sure Crassius will harrass male players too though it isn't as blatant as with females. If you have a high like meter with the guy (70 or more), when you go to him for a recommendation to be Hortator, he'll ask for a kiss and I hear it goes for both genders. Also, I'm sure hr makes players of both genders strip for him in order to have him as a sponsor when they join House Hlaalu.

8. Krisibelle

Krisibelle Member

Actually, he does this regardless of your gender, lol.

Anyway I'm with OP on Balmora from Morrowind being my favourite city. I always made it my home base and I would do all the guild quests I could there as soon as I left Seyda Neen. However I did really like how Sadrith Mora looked :)

I also like how Macalania forest looks in Final Fantasy X, however I hated catching the stupid, annoying butterflies.

9. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

Whiterun in Skyrim. It's the first big city you visit, and the one I spent the most time in. It's also the best looking one in my opinion, with Dragonsreach and Skyforge, also the companions are in there! All that good stuff gets balanced out though by the inclusion of Heimskr and Braith...

10. MRZ

MRZ Member

I can't think of a town I liked better than Thunder Bluff, first character I seriously played was Tauren, and being in that first zone just makes it so memorable.

Also I remember constantly shooting myself as a human er... Tauren cannonball from there. :D

tinybutnotfangless likes this.
  11. SereneAngel88

Heimskr was hilarious since I could hear how loud he was all the way from the market, at least in my copy of the game and Braith...yeah, I really couldn't stand that kid. It's a good thing the game prevents me from killing kids too...

12. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

Mine is Cheydinhal in ES IV for a very stupid and specific reason. I used to use the Mages Guild basement in the town as a treasure horde roam on the console version. Every time I would open the doors leading to the side rooms in that area an avalanche of all my loot would spill out. Even though it ran at >5 FPS, it was always fun to add stuff to it.

13. Chris_A

I`ll definitely have to do another Morrowind run with a female character. This is just too funny to be true, lol. :D

14. SereneAngel88

That's the only reason I played for Hlaalu, just to experience the magnificence of Crassius and his pervy ways:D Otherwise, I prefer Telvanni since they give no fucks if you kill a guy in order to advance in the ranks, so long as you aren't caught. They are the true OGs of Morrowind:cool:

15. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I'd say the city where is located the library entrance in Archeage (sorry but I can't rememeber the name at the moment). It's really faboulous with awesome landscape and also surrounded by a beautiful sea.

16. Chris_A

I loved Telvanni a lot, as well. Those mushroom buildings are really really cool. I loved the fact that they included one in Skyrim`s Dragonborn expansion. Brought back the nostalgia all over again. :D

SereneAngel88 likes this.
  17. SereneAngel88

Yep, it's one of the main reasons why I got Dragonborn over Dawnguard besides the fact I could care less about vampires. I was surprised to see Neloth in the game. I'm pretty sure I splattered his guts on the walls of his chambers back in Morrowind. Ten coins just to steal an enchanted rare robe, my ass...:mad:

18. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

The one city I'll always remember is Orgrimmar before Cataclysm. It was my first experience with WoW and it looked so huge and vibrant at the time that just fell in love with it. I still remember fondly the OST it had and I felt the first time I entered.

19. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite "town" is Dalaran in world of warcraft. I spent so much time there during WOTLK and spamming trade chat for groups. Very aesthetic landscape as well (in the sky)

20. Chris_A

Those Telvani are really sneaky. He probably had himself cloned, in case of getting his ass kicked. That`s what all Archmages do, in any game imaginable. :D But the fact that they included him was really nice. I think I liked him a lot more in Dragonborn, this time around.