Quantcast

What's your favorite town in an RPG game? Why?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by sidd230, Jan 16, 2014.

1. sidd230

sidd230 Well-Known Member

For me, it is Balmora from The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. The vibe from that game still had me floored and when I reached balmora, it seemed so foreign and it seemed I had traveled so far away already. Very immersive. Also since then i've used one of the houses in the city as a home base, storing all my loot in it.

Krisibelle likes this.
  2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I love Traverse Town from Kingdom Hearts I just love the music I can just listen to that track all day and not get tired of it one day I did listen to the track for almost a week just to lean how to play the song on my Alto clarinet.

3. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

Wow what an obscure question this is lol, ok how about Riverrun in Skyrim, because its the first town you visit. Its so quaint and rustic you really get that hometown vibe, also Steelport in Saints Row the 3rd because its so busy, it really gives you a feel of a real life city...

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

The School you start at in FFVIII is basicly a self-seficiant town in itself and I absolutely adore the music.

5. swagger

swagger Well-Known Member

Riverwood in Skyrim. I have so many memories coming back there at level 60 and killing all the people and chickens.

6. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

I love the solemn town of Nisan in Xenogears. There's just something about this place that calms my soul. I dunno what. I just feel so relaxed whenever I think of the town and picture what's in it. Also, the music in the town sounds so nice.

[​IMG]

I also like the city of Alexandria in FFIX. The place is bustling with life. I like it.

7. AnotherEmpty

AnotherEmpty Member

Rapture! From BioShock.

8. rachael

rachael Active Member

YES! Rapture is amazing! I would give everything to go to Rapture before the revolution and see how colourful and bright and beautiful it was, then leave and return after the first game, before Rapture is fully destroyed, and see how everything has changed after Atlas' uprising.

9. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

This is a tough one, but a memorable town would have to be Thunder Bluff from before the Cataclysm. Questing around Mulgore and finally jogging over the hills seeing the mountain bluffs of TB felt majestic, especially during the day time. It felt magical and awesome.

Another memorable town would be the tropical one in Legend of Dragoon. It had a nice serene background tune, an ocean presence and soft ambiance.

10. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I enjoyed, Denerim market district in Dragon Age Origins and it, was very nicely made and I enjoyed getting side quests from the different people in the area. The background felt like you were in the middle ages, and a part of it and you felt like you could relax and take your time in the town and not rush to do the missions and paid very good. I liked how humans, elves and mages and dwarfs got along well and there was peace unlike the The Witcher game where they don't get along very well.

11. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Vivec City from Morrowind. I loved all about it. Exploring the Canals, the Ordinators, the hussle and bustle. Of course also the Morag Tong Assassin`s Guild. And the awesome music that Jeremy Soule provided, only underlined the great atmosphere of the city.

12. fatguy39

fatguy39 Active Member

If you mean "town" as in any place that a community lives like cities, towns, villages and the like, then my favorite "town" in all of RPG history so far would be Lindblum from Final Fantasy IX.

Enclosed in Lindblum castle is the city proper, as the castle itself is so large. The architecture of the city, as obvious in the lore of Final Fantasy IX, is somewhat a mix of technology in the steam age improving into a better one, in this case the use of Mist. I just love how the city is constructed, and the way it is presented to the players; absolutely grand. It contains a lot of the needed things, not to mention it has a ton of NPC prompting for a large amount of dialogue for those games at that time. The BGM for the city is absolutely good as well, as it is one of my favorite tracks in Final Fantasy history.

13. obliviousme

obliviousme Well-Known Member Regular

I love Varrock square in Runescape, the place reminds of so much good memories. Really nice place to hang out. :)

14. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

Huh. That's an interesting question. I've never heard that asked before, lol. Well, for starters, I really loved Vaniville Town in Pokemon X/Y. I think that if I were to live in a fictional town, especially if it had to be within the Pokemon world, I'd choose to live there. It seems so peaceful and like such a nice place to be; plus its just beautiful. I've always wanted to live in a tiny little town or village but a place that was still pretty and had a nice view. That fits all the criteria. :p

Another one I've always loved has been Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts, so seconding RMCMage's choice! Great music there, definitely. A place with nice atmospheric music is always appealing to me in an RPG.

15. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite town is Prontera in Ragnarok. This town had all the jobs crowding around it selling rare stuff and yggdrasil for hunting. I met my good online friends and guild mates in Prontera by the meat merchant. Great times.

16. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Normal franchise? Zelda Series. Kakariko Village, in all of it's incarnations. Castle Town. Lon Lon Ranch

MMORPG? EverQuest 1 - Kelethin (The Wood Elf Tree City!) or Ultima Online's "Britain"

17. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I don't really have any favorite towns, but I did always liked Megaton in Fallout 3. I don't know WHY I like it as much as I do, I just do. Even if the whole place is built around a big ass bomb.

18. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Oh. And Luca from FFX because I could rewatch the entire game cinematics over and over from IN Game before beating the game too. Beautiful addition. One day I just streamed all the vids back to back and barely did anything but blitzball lol.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

That is my favorite one too! Awesome soundtrack and I wish I could live in it for just one day, it'd be so epic!

20. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Kokiri Village, Ocarina of Time.